Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2006, 02:54 PM   #41
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Go to an RV supplier and order one, a heck of a lot less that
$445. My friend didn't get his Monty with one installed, but decided to get oine later, found one for $250 and I installed it in about 20 minutes, same brand and all.

rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:00 AM   #42
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
For those of you that have the Power Head, does it work that well?

I had a small vacumn in our other trailer and it was worthless. I really like the central vac but would like something that I can make sure I get all the dirt out of the carpet.

Ozz,

Did you install a board under the frig to keep things from hitting the wiring stuff? Hubby is worried about things hitting and causing problems. Did you cut the ends off of your screws and just glue them in?

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:18 AM   #43
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Colleen,
Sue loves the power head, it 'fluffs' the carpeting as well as the beater bar bouncing the dirt up so the vacuum will remove it, all good vacuums have the beater bars.
I cut the screw points off, and glued them in. I cut Steve's off for him with a heavy duty pair of lineman's pliers, or ground them off with my belt sander, I forgot which.
I didn't see any wires that would have been bothered, but it wouldn't be a bad idea.
Those guys at Mar Beck are Idiots, it is a good attachment. I'll see if I can find the info in my archives.
Windy down there?
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:34 AM   #44
yvonnenid
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4853
Rich,
If you have a central vac in your stick house, the beater bar works with the Monty central vac. The stick house beater bar works really good it is electric. Good luck with your search for a beater bar.
yvonnenid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:34 AM   #45
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Ozz,

Windy is an understatement, I guess we won't have to rake any leaves. Wichita Falls is always windy no matter what time of year you are there. Today would be a little more so.

I would love to know where you got yours as I want to keep the carpet looking new as long as possible.

There is some wiring etc against that wall that hubby is worried about. Remember he fixes things but he doesn't like working with things that are electrical if all possible. We are having a mini war over this storage area. I finally took the door off and looked at it my self. I did see two blocks that I would think a board could be glued or attached to so something wouldn't hit that wiring. I am thinking about using it for cookie sheets and stir fry pans that might shift.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:39 AM   #46
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Colleen
We opened up the area under the fridge and used self closing hinges. The only wire under there is a junction box and electrical cable. Everything is enclosed so I don't see how anything can be harmed. We traveled all summer with stuff there and didn't have any problems. We didn't put the screws back in as I wanted to use wooden plugs. Haven't done that yet and if I can't find small ones may half to go back to the screws. I've cut screws before with small bolt cutters.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:42 AM   #47
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Colleen,

We did pretty much what Sue did, cept we had to make a door, cause our space was a kick out panel. Al did wire tie any loose wires up, and just pressed back against the wall. We have not had any trouble doing it this way, but, hey, if hubby feels better putting up a small panel of wood (how bout a piece of paneling??) to block things from snaggin any wires, that sounds fine, you are still gonna gain a nice hunk of real estate, eh?? Maybe if he hears that any number of us have done this, he won't be quite so nervous about it. The fact that he is concerned is a good thing, caution is NOT a bad word!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:00 PM   #48
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
http://www.rvupgradestore.com/index....ROD&ProdID=145

We just got this from RVupgrades..Hooked it up to the shop vac in the garage at it did a respectable job. It is a well built unit I think it will do the job....Thanks Steve and Brenda....It is not white..it is black..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:52 PM   #49
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Thanks for sharing Rich. Have you hooked it up to the Monty vac yet? I'm curious for a test, with and without. Did you order on line or visit store? If you visited the store, was the price the same?
Happy trails.................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:47 PM   #50
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

..Thanks Steve and Brenda....It is not white..it is black..
Yeah, ours is black as well. Not a problem either way unless you're really into matching appliances then black is the way to go !!
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:59 PM   #51
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We also have the factory central vac and love it. We got the power head powered by suction and it works great for us. Far better than any of the stick vacs we tried over the years. This one works like a powerful home vac.

Our dealer told us to get dirt devil bags at walmart, comparing the size. Our first bag is still not full so it'll be awhile before we buy replacement bags. I think this thing came with three bags, if I recall.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:24 PM   #52
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Rv Upgrades does not have a retail outlet store.It is a online, mail order, order by phone operation only.We have been there it is a huge warehouse and a huge office area. The carpet in the Montana is not dirty at all so can't give it a good test but tested it in the house and it worked fine.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:58 AM   #53
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Clarification on the power heads...there is a small one (hand held) and a large one.We have both and they work well

http://www.rvupgradestore.com/index....ROD&ProdID=145

http://www.thinkvacuums.com/drainvac...FQVvHgodQQjyZQ