Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2006, 05:59 AM   #1
CampingCrazyShirley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6271
Do build dates really mean anything?

Ok-We kind of got something started with an earlier thread about build dates...how about everyone looking at their build dates to find out what day of the week their unit was made and then include what type of problems, if any, you have had. Maybe we can put this theory to the test!

CampingCrazyShirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:25 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
IMO.don't think the day it was built has anything to do with anything.You can get a workmanship or quality issue any day of the week any time.Units can be built side by side and have differing or no issues. Since Keystone makes frequent production changes it is possible that a unit built on a Friday wll differ from the same unit built on Monday. This day of the week thing is a urban legend that won't go away...IMO. Our WAS built on Friday and has had no significant problems.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:54 AM   #3
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
So that we dont start another long post, you talked about production changes. We looked at a 3400 last week just north of denver the dealed said he just got it. It was different black front Refer, darker walls,Lt brown awning, darker oak finish wood. so I think it is what ever the supplier sends.

Bob
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:41 AM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Bob,
Those are some of the new changes that Keystone has made to the Montana lineup. More will be coming! As Rich has said, it does not matter what day your coach is/was built on, they are all going to have problems somewhere down the road. But for sake of your theory, mine was built on a Wednesday, and have not had any problems until last fall. Since then the problem has been corrected by the service center in Goshen.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:15 PM   #5
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Shirley, I don't think they really mean anything other than that is our Monty's Birthday.
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 01:11 PM   #6
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Ours was built on a Thursday. Have had very few issues.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:23 PM   #7
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Wish we KNEW what day ours was built on!

Not sure it would mean a thing.

Only Montana we have seen or heard of with no build date. Must be others???????

The date did not fade, it was never printed on the tag. No one believes me till they look, then they do this

Have to say, think we have had all the major issues, Service center employees all know our names and the yorks. That said, we LOVE them, what a nice group of employees Keystone has!

Carol
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #8
CampingCrazyShirley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6271
I had always hoped this was an urban legend! I'm not going to give it a second thought about the date once we get ours in. Will be interesting though to see if the actual date it is built is the date they gave us. Hmmmmm....Just thought it would be interesting to see if those that have had a lot of problems knew the date theirs was built on. I firmly believe it doesn't matter what day they are built on...
CampingCrazyShirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:17 PM   #9
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Carol,
I will vouch for your coach not having a build date. If they dont believe you, send them my way. I saw it with my own eyes... =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:32 PM   #10
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
All that aside, the build date certainly means something to Lippert and probably other suppliers, when it comes to warranty coverage, (although I must admit that Keystone and Lippert at least, have sometimes been quite lenient in dealing with issues on out of warranty trailers).
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:09 PM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
If you call Keystone with your VIN # they should be able to give you a build date.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:26 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ours was built on a Friday, our youngest son's birthday. We've had some minor issues but probably no more than those built on other days of the week.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:08 PM   #13
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
We have only had a quick walk so through so far, PDI is tomorrow, but our unit has a black front refrigerator, looks nice. The carpet looks a little browner, again nice. Tomorrow we nitpick. My wife told the sales people to keep their cleaning crew out of the inside, that she would do the cleaning inside. That way she gets real personal with every inch of the unit.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 02:28 PM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations on the new rig, Old GI!

Looks like you need a left bracket in front of the first IMG and a right bracket after the last IMG. That should make the picture work for you.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote