Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2011, 02:09 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I always recommend 'bumping' the A/C fan motor, (not the compressor) during the winter month's.
The fan needs to turn a little maybe monthly, to keep it free. The compressor is a sealed system, nothing going on there.
Clean the condenser with simple green, (easier on the roof and other components) if it's dirty, and they usually get dirty.
Don't let anyone get close to it with a high pressure hose, or power washer, too easy to bend the fins.
Other than that, I can't think of anything other than changing the filter material. I would clean it during the summer, but change it at the beginning of summer.
I am starting my spring-summer start-ups for my customers, changed out two condenser fan motors yesterday on 15 ton units, and added 60# of refrigerant to a number of big units. (Old dis-continued leaking coils, can't find replacement coils.)
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote