Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
WINTER FLORIDIANS

Will be wintering in Florida this year, 1st time. Where will you be and when will you be there? Let's do something other than taking a picture at the Tampa RV Show. How about a winter rally in Florida??? Maybe just a weekend somewhere. I will help organize but would need some help. Let me know your desires!!!! Fun doesn't have to stop with the seasons....

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Sounds Great. We will be at our winter home in Silver Springs and would love to do more than the RV Show in Tampa. Just let us know when and where and we will help out with whatever is needed.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Rich And Helen..Mouse Mountain, Davenport, Fla arriving October 24th...Will help for food..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:35 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
We are on our way to our winter CG as we speak. We stay in Avalon RV Park in Clearwater from October into May.
The Mini-Rally at the RV show is just on the FRiday of the show and we do try to get a group picture.
As far as a winter rally I would be happy to assist you but I should point out that if we do attend it would be without the Monty. It takes a lot of time for us to get the site setup for the winter and I do not desire to move Monty again until May. This is the very reason the Florida Region rally at the show was kept to just one day.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:57 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
yes..what Glenn said. Once set up in Florida we will not move execpt for a emergency.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:27 AM   #6
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Great idea Phil, we would love to spend a little more time with our MOC friends. We are going to be at the same cg as richfaaaaaa arriving on Jan 1. Suggest looking into an eatery that could accomodate a bunch of people and spend some time there!
Moving the Montanas may not be feasable, but we can still try for more than just a picture.
If we can't find a place to eat together, there is alway other times to meet besides the the Tampa show.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:00 AM   #7
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
We will be in Umatilla at the Olde Mill Stream RV Resort. Plan to arrive 1/4 and stay until sometime in April.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Just for information on the RV Show...
Florida RV Trade Assoc. Super Show
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:43 PM   #9
rps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6052
We will be at Blueberry Hill RV Park in Bushnell from 1/3 to 3/27 and agree with the comments -- Once set-up I do not want to move

I agree with the suggestion of scheduling an afternoon get together, other than at the Tampa RV show.

Other than March 1-4, count Phyllis & I in
rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:31 PM   #10
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
We plan on being at The Bees in Clermont from early January through probably mid April, depending on how Carol's knee replacement rehab is going. Getting together would be great.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:28 PM   #11
JimnJulie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5590
We'll be there. We will be wintering at Westview Ridge again this year from sometime this month until the first of April. Plan on being at the Tampa show but also hope to be there (without our ole friend Monty) and any get together any time anywhere.
JimnJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:53 PM   #12
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
A noon lunch is much better than a evening as some could travel in the am and then travel home in the afternoon as opposed to nite travel as florida is a long narrow state , we are at the bottom as tampa is a long ways from us in bonita springs as we would bring the monta as we did last year but still a noon is better as we try to not drive at nite , bad eyes i guess sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:31 PM   #13
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
There are 3 of us signed up for the last week in Feb and 1st week of March at Fort DeSoto Park in the St. Petersburg area. Love to have more!! Joanie
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 07:51 AM   #14
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We will be in Gulf Shores from the end of Oct until end of Dec and then move on to Florida for Jan and Feb. Delaine and me would like to meet some of you during the Tampa RV show.

We will be in Zephyrhills, Fla from 1 Jan to 1 Mar 2009. The RV park is called Palm View Gardens. We have never wintered in Florida we normally went to the RGV and Arizona. So we will learn a little more about Florida. We have been as for down as the Keys but found it to be more expensive than the RGV or Arizona. This year we wanted to try and stay a little closer to Tennessee.

Really like the Tampa RV show idea. Always like to look and see whats new out there. Hope to see some of the MOC'ers there. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:07 AM   #15
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
My thoughts at this point are to meet early at the Tampa show, walk around as a group with our MOC wear on, then do lunch there and depart in the afternoon sometime. Then, on another weekend or weekday everyone get together somewhere, small park, centrally located for a MOC Mini Rally Bar-B-Que. This could be a one dayer or an overnighter. I will solicit input later in the season. Not knowing Florida I will have to have some help on logistics. Let's hear some thoughts!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:56 AM   #16
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
It sounds to me Phil that the Orlando Area (Leesburg, Winter Garden, Claremont and several more) is going to be the most central of all places in Florida for those of us that stay there unless several stay as far South as Miami or Key West. There are lots of places in tahat area to have a get together.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:26 PM   #17
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
We will be at Mouse Mountain just south of Disney with Richfaa (Rich & Helen) and Emmel (Steve & Patti). Sounds like a great idea.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:02 AM   #18
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
We will be arriving at Encore Lake Magic (Clermont) but actually nearer Disney, Orlando, Davenport, Haines City area. We are located in the "Four Corners" area very close to the intersection of US 27 and Highway 192. We will be leaving our winter chalet in the mountains of WV on 10/19...arriving Lake Magic 10/23. We willbe there until April or May.

Perhaps we (Florida Snowbirds) could plan a monthly get together for a meal, picnic, RV show, or just a visit day. We also agree moving the Monty is not an option, as it takes time to set everything up for the season. A day trip or get together monthly wou;d be great. This is just our opinion, but we will try to participate and help out, whatever is decided. I know my sister and her husband will be down for the month of January and early February and will be staying near the Villages in Lady Lake. Seems the majority of us are central or Tampa area. Tampa is only an hour and half from us, so for a day would be fine. If we planned a monthly event those who come south just for a short time could join us for a days get together.

Perhaps we could get a section started on the forum for "FLORIDA SNOWBIRDS" ??
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:37 PM   #19
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Being from bonita springs we would have to pull the monta there as florida is a very long state as its almost 400 miles long so center is 200 away and 400 does not even consider the keys as thats 160 more or so ,,, sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:14 AM   #20
Montana Martins
Established Member

M.O.C. #6769
The Montana Martins are heading to Riverside RV Resort in the Port Charlotte area (Arcadia mailing address though) as we speak. We'll be there until late April and would love to see you all at the Tampa show. Look forward to seeing friends from the fall rally and meeting some new friends as well.
Montana Martins is offline   Reply With Quote