Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2012, 03:49 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
New Montana, not yet

Tampa Rv show yesterday. Aram was there and we had a nice chat.Lazy days prices border on criminal.

As for the 3402 Big sky or not everything is in place to purchase but the logistics involved to purchase now are a big hassle. Montana has a nice "package" right now leather and 6 point level system free but the unit must be off the line by march 31st. We are in Florida till the 3rd week of April and our dealer and domicle is in Northern Ohio.

Taxes, registration, Title transfer a hassel. We will wait till we get home and if still in the mood purchase from our dealer.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:55 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Got to do what's right for you. Hope it all works out and you get an even better deal when you get home.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:57 AM   #3
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
We got one of those 12-22-11. It is great!!! You will enjoy.
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Rich,

We will attend the Tampa RV show tomorrow. I am not a fan of Lazy Days. It reminds me of DisneyWorld without costumes and the consumer pays for all that fluff. Deals are challenging.

Can you consider ordering your rig from your dealer now, to meet 3/31 deadline and have him hold with a binder or good faith, and close when you get home? You provided a price/option sheet from him and not many are really that prepared. I thought that was a dealer "good" thing on his part.

We like the 3402 and the 3582 but not sure yet. You know, talk is cheap. dl

mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Comparing the Redwood to the Big Sky the prices are very similar - espeically when the Redwood dealers are anxious to get their new product into the hands of consumers. I'm really surprised that this "free" package has an experiation date on it. I guess Keystone does not want those of us who winter up north to be interested in their products - especially offering a package that expires prior to spring even arriving. I'm hoping to hit the Chicago RV show next month, but time will tell.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Rich, we ordered all three of ours over the phone. The last was here in Florida from Walnut Ridge in Indiana. Everything was done over the phone and the coupon was used also even though we didn't pick it up till May! Do some calling around, I'll give you Chads number if you want to call him.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Emmel

Rich, we ordered all three of ours over the phone. The last was here in Florida from Walnut Ridge in Indiana. Everything was done over the phone and the coupon was used also even though we didn't pick it up till May! Do some calling around, I'll give you Chads number if you want to call him.
Walnut Ridge is great place to work with ,I also bought over the phone from them, and would do it again.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #8
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
I bought mine from Walnut Ridge also and would do it again. Nice folks to do business with.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #9
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Went to the show today. Checked out all the Montanas, boy were they warm inside with every lite in the Rigs turned on. Then went and checked out the Redwoods and Blackwoods. They can keep the Blackwoods, interior was just blah in our opinion and couldn't hold a candle to the Redwood or a Montana. Were really impressed with the Redwoods, but would really have to sit down with someone and run all the numbers because there are things we have done to the Monty that if we changed, I would want done at the factory to avoid all the extra work of adding after the fact. Time will tell, but nothing in the immediate future. Need to make it to a few more Montana Rallys before thinking of becoming an SOB
Old 01-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mhs4771

Went to the show today. Checked out all the Montanas, boy were they warm inside with every lite in the Rigs turned on. Then went and checked out the Redwoods and Blackwoods. They can keep the Blackwoods, interior was just blah in our opinion and couldn't hold a candle to the Redwood or a Montana. Were really impressed with the Redwoods, but would really have to sit down with someone and run all the numbers because there are things we have done to the Monty that if we changed, I would want done at the factory to avoid all the extra work of adding after the fact. Time will tell, but nothing in the immediate future. Need to make it to a few more Montana Rallys before thinking of becoming an SOB
Michelle, I've been known as an SOB for years so I guess we're sticking with the Monty. Joyce can only deal with one SOB at a time.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #11
PatnRich
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1250
Rich, hope you can make it work out. We too were impressed with the 3402.
PatnRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
we would have no trouble ordering from our dealer in Ohio.We already have the price worked out. Remember Steve you were with us when we ordered then 2006 3400 at the Toledo Rv show in Febuary and did not take delivery till May 5th. This 3400 has many thing wrong with it like two leaking holding tanks, poor graphics and the underbelly has been removed so many times it looks like a cross word puzzle. If we were home I would take the thing to him let him look at it and work out a trade in deal.. Bill is a upright dealer and a good guy and I do not want to take advantage by trading in junk sight unseen. I just can't do that.

we are working on having all this stuff repaired with our extended warranty or insurance company then be able to trade in a top dollar unit.

remember now like others we have used this 06 3400 hard and in general it has held up well but I see no excuse for 4 leaking holding tanks in 5 years and the graphics are another story.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #13
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I do not want to take advantage by trading in junk sight unseen. I just can't do that.
Good for you Rich. You are an honest man. I greatly admire that. You must think like I do, I'm not going to look at a crook when I shave.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #14
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Amen
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:48 AM   #15
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Good luck Rich on your decision to purchase. Seeing Aram yesterday indicated that deals can be made now and dealers would no doubt give great deals as well as Keystone is also offering. My dealer is a great guy as well. If I had issues I would discuss them prior to closing my deal because of his ethic as well as mine. Best to ya....dl
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:16 AM   #16
Wiesehan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9711
Send a message via Yahoo to Wiesehan
We purchased our first Montana from Walnut Ridge and all went well, we purchased our second Montana in Texas and scheduled some sevvice work at Walnut Ridge for it on our way home and they cobbled up our coach and wouldn't stand behind their work. I wouldn't ever darken their door again. We now use Tiara RV in Elkhart, the some folks that sponser our dinner every year at the fall rally.
Great folks and good service as well.
Don
Wheel to wheel SS side bars
Wiesehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:25 AM   #17
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We really liked the Redwood.. I would take that in a minute if we could afford it..

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #18
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The Redwood is fine Rv and marketed as a full time unit// The price is ,IMO, way to high. I can not see where the additional $$$ are compared to the comparable big sky model.. We are taking a close look at them.But will they hold up any better than a Montana ///// My guess is ..no.

BTW.. The nearest redwood dealer to our home base is listed in Ont , Canada and 74 miles away which it might be if we had a barge to get us and the Montana across Lake Erie.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #19
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rich,

If your even considering the Redwood, shop around. I've talked with 2 Redwood dealers in the central midwest that have beaten every Big Sky deal I have worked. I admit I'd rather have the Brown and White Big Sky paint job/colors to the Redwood's, but the inside of a Redwood hands down knocks the Big Sky out of the water. Bottom line is I'd be happy with either coach....it is all going to come down to who gives me the best out the door deal.

Helen,

Do you remember what the list price and "show" price was on the Redwood you saw?
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:13 AM   #20
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Can't remember exactly Dave, but it was less then the list price on our Big Sky. Not by much though..The fellow I talked with said he worked for Montana and developed the Redwood taking the best features of Montana and adding what he wanted to them. I couldn't help but tell him that he did a great job.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote