Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2011, 11:36 AM   #21
cmawendy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9222
We also called Keystone and emailed pictures of our graphics and they sent us a complete set free of charge also Now to get them on....

cmawendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:36 AM   #22
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
I just emailed Keystone, and received a reply that I should take it up with Burlington Graphics. Apparently, the warranty is only for one year from date of purchase. Who did you guys talk to at Keystone?

Thanks
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:42 AM   #23
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Just emailed Burlington, and the complete set of decals for our unit is $1157.75, plus $50.00 S&H. Are you kidding me?????
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #24
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
I'd be driving one naked 5'er!
Old 09-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #25
01RAMer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7316
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by cmawendy

We also called Keystone and emailed pictures of our graphics and they sent us a complete set free of charge also Now to get them on....
What was the email address for Keystone?
01RAMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #26
gobears
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9216
Some other folks mentioned painting them on. I taped the outline of my worst one, with plenty of newspaper for overspray(curb side swoosh right in the middle)and the DW picked out the maroon and silver spray paints. I did the maroon first on a calm day, then after it set, I went over it lightly with the silver. It looks just as good as any decal. Going to hit the rest of the peelers next spring. I'll post some pics when I finish. I've replaced this decal once before, it had cracked in the middle, like a stress crack, then this time, it was just peeling from the sun. my curb side is in the sun while parked at home.
gobears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:22 AM   #27
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
anyone have the email address for Montana to send them the photos of my Graphic that are falling off. from reading the posts it depends what day and who you talk to how much it is going to cost. Burlington knows one thing price $1,242.85 for Graphic Replacement.

Bob
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:22 AM   #28
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bob & Lee

anyone have the email address for Montana to send them the photos of my Graphic that are falling off. from reading the posts it depends what day and who you talk to how much it is going to cost. Burlington knows one thing price $1,242.85 for Graphic Replacement.

Bob

I contacted Christy at Keystone anglc@keystonerv.com I sent her pictures, and Keystone sent me a complete set at no cost to me. I have a 2008 3400RL. This was in May of this year, I was far out of warranty. They would not pay for the replacement ,but at least they sent me new ones at no cost. Hope this helps.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:22 AM   #29
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
"If you wait until your graphics are cracked enough to look like a crossword puzzle, you'll be sorry. Those are extremely time consuming and hard to remove. Remove and replace before they get to that point. We learned the hard way." (Doug and Margee)

Doug and Margee are right. We've had our 2007 3585SA in twice for graphics replacement (currently in the shop to have many of the first and second replacements redone for the THIRD time). When we stopped by yesterday to see how the work was going, the floor around the Monty looked like a snowfall had hit--teeny, tiny pieces of old graphics were everywhere, and two very tired service guys were still pick-pick-picking away at what remained on the trailer. Even with heat from a heat gun, the old graphics were not giving up easily. Of course, had the first set of replacements been applied correctly, we wouldn't be going through this replacement of the replacements, right?

When we picked up our rig after the first replacement set was applied, the "ghosts" of the original graphics were everywhere. I'll say one thing about those ghosts--they surely did make it easy to see which graphics were removed but NOT replaced and should have been. And the front MONTANA ghost was perfectly aligned across the top of the nose cap, but the replacement MONTANA slanted up noticeably from left to right (leaving the ghost of the last 4 or 5 letters a good inch to two inches below the replacement.

I'm beginning to hate graphics, and I really hate shoddy workmanship, especially when it's costing us an arm and a leg.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #30
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wayne and Carolyn Mathews

"If you wait until your graphics are cracked enough to look like a crossword puzzle, you'll be sorry. Those are extremely time consuming and hard to remove. Remove and replace before they get to that point. We learned the hard way." (Doug and Margee)

Doug and Margee are right. We've had our 2007 3585SA in twice for graphics replacement (currently in the shop to have many of the first and second replacements redone for the THIRD time). When we stopped by yesterday to see how the work was going, the floor around the Monty looked like a snowfall had hit--teeny, tiny pieces of old graphics were everywhere, and two very tired service guys were still pick-pick-picking away at what remained on the trailer. Even with heat from a heat gun, the old graphics were not giving up easily. Of course, had the first set of replacements been applied correctly, we wouldn't be going through this replacement of the replacements, right?

When we picked up our rig after the first replacement set was applied, the "ghosts" of the original graphics were everywhere. I'll say one thing about those ghosts--they surely did make it easy to see which graphics were removed but NOT replaced and should have been. And the front MONTANA ghost was perfectly aligned across the top of the nose cap, but the replacement MONTANA slanted up noticeably from left to right (leaving the ghost of the last 4 or 5 letters a good inch to two inches below the replacement.

I'm beginning to hate graphics, and I really hate shoddy workmanship, especially when it's costing us an arm and a leg.

Carolyn
I guess that is why I am doing my own replacing, it is not that difficult. I found a heat gun, and goo gone makes the job a lot easier to remove.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #31
jimmy2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12317
hi all just thought on this i looked at there web site and it said they no longer do them any one have any other ideas jim
jimmy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #32
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
This is an old thread. Lots have changed. Burlington disavows all knowledge of decals except if you are willing to spend big bucks. Keystone/Montana is trying to assist those with decal problems. Take a look at this link to get the contact information you need.

You didn't say what year Montana you have. Unless it is fairly new, the supply is limited. But they will let you know what is available.

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=47810

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #33
drjjj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5757
I have a 2007 3400RL that has been under cover most of its life. I love my trailer. I had to have the nose graphics replaced a year or so ago (Keystone sent the graphics, but I had to pay >$300 for the labor). The rig has been under cover (except for the nose) entirely since I replaced the graphics except for two weekend trips. Last trip was to the Gulf Coast, and the Monarch butterflies did a number on the trailer. When I had it detailed last week (same shop that replaced the graphics) they told me the nose graphics were already peeling. If they come off again I will not replace them, and when I get asked by others about what is happening I will relate the shoddy workmanship that was originally involved. Kind of reminds me of my 1986 GMC Suburban (blue and silver) that had paint peeling everywhere several years later. I got tired of looking at it, and paid to have mine repainted. The following year GM issued a massive recall and repainted all the involved vehicles. The Montana graphics are a rolling advertisement for the company. I think it is bad business sense for Keystone to turn their back on what is obviously a large quality control problem, and I will keep their response in mind when I next shop for an RV. Just my $.02
drjjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #34
jimmy2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12317
well i have 2006 3400rl and i had the same probable and so i took off all the sticker off and it look like the big white whale so when people ask me what kind of 5th i have i just say guess if i could figure out how put a pic up to show you all it is funny Jim
Old 05-07-2012, 03:51 AM   #35
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
IMO it is how and where the graphics are installed at the factory Those who attend the fall rally have seen how and where they are installed. They are just installed at a position on the line.No special consideration, no clean room, no temperature control. That position is near the end of the line and that unit can be outside in cold, warm, hot temps in a short time. IMO in many cases the glue does not have time to set properly. Some graphics never have a issue or like ours last a very long time under hard use and exposure' I am wondering why that is and how and where they are installed seems to make sense.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:43 AM   #36
Rob Walters
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12154
Okay, so it's, at best, a crap-shoot to contact Keystone about the graphics from what I've just read. My 2008 3400RL has just started peeling BAD! I've started peeling them off the small bedroom slide, but I've got some glue residue remaining. I am afraid to use chemicals on the residue and have tried a couple waxes and polishes to no avail. I've thought about using WD-40. Has anyone else used WD-40 or some other method of removing this stuff? I'd like to get some feedback. I am considering leaving the graphics off the unit all together. The word "Montana" seems to be the only graphic still intact and still looking very good.
I'm relatively new to this forum and have only owned my 3400 since January 2012 and have submitted questions on the forum a couple times before. I have been pleased with the responses and appreciate all the help that you all have shared with me. Thank you.
Rob Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:50 AM   #37
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rob Walters

Okay, so it's, at best, a crap-shoot to contact Keystone about the graphics from what I've just read. My 2008 3400RL has just started peeling BAD! I've started peeling them off the small bedroom slide, but I've got some glue residue remaining. I am afraid to use chemicals on the residue and have tried a couple waxes and polishes to no avail. I've thought about using WD-40. Has anyone else used WD-40 or some other method of removing this stuff? I'd like to get some feedback. I am considering leaving the graphics off the unit all together. The word "Montana" seems to be the only graphic still intact and still looking very good.
I'm relatively new to this forum and have only owned my 3400 since January 2012 and have submitted questions on the forum a couple times before. I have been pleased with the responses and appreciate all the help that you all have shared with me. Thank you.

Goo Gone works well, and will not harm anything. Also a nice warm day will help getting the graphics off without using heat, a lot of the time the glue comes off with the graphic, but not all.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:33 AM   #38
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Instructions from Keystone recommends using a citrus based cleaner to remove adhesive and than rubbing alcohol before installing the new ones.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #39
FISCALMAN
Established Member

M.O.C. #7229
I had checked on my unit at the time it was about $400 for the decales not installed I just took them all off. I don't think I will replace them the units in good shape and cleans up fine.
FISCALMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #40
jimmy2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12317
[img][/img]