Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2019, 05:40 AM   #1
Larry Harris

M.O.C. #19024
Send a message via AIM to Larry Harris
Transmitter and Receiver

I just purchased a new receiver electronics board and transmitter for my 2010 345DBQ Montana Mountaineer. Anyone out there know how to program them correctly?

Larry Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:07 PM   #2
bleedmichigan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23739
The control board that does the slides and landing gear etc? Usually they have a sync button on them.

Here are the instructions from my 3750FL

Programming Instructions: Each transmitter has its own unique internal address that is transmitted whenever a button on the transmitter is pressed. The receiver needs to be programmed to respond only to the transmitter it is intended to operate with. The following steps configure the receiver to operate with a particular transmitter. Please read the entire programming procedure before starting. Prior to programming the receiver, verify that the receiver is connected to the input power. When the receiver enters program mode, all previous transmitter addresses that were programmed will be erased from the receiver's memory.
1. Locate the pushbutton labeled "PROGRAM" on the receiver. Press and hold this button until the red LED next to the program button illuminates (approximately 3 seconds). The receiver is now in the transmitter program mode, release the program button. At this point all previously programmed transmitter addresses are erased from the receiver's memory.
2. Press and release any button on the transmitter and verify that the red LED on the receiver will blink rapidly, and then extinguish. The receiver is now in the normal mode of operation. Note: This sequence should be done quickly because once the program LED illuminates you only have a few seconds to push a switch on the transmitter before it times out. This completes the programming instructions. The receiver will retain the programming even when power is removed.
bleedmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 11:56 AM   #3
Larry Harris

M.O.C. #19024
Thanks bleedmichigan. Those instructions are virtually identical to mine. I've followed them to the letter with no positive results with regard to controlling my 5th wheel with the remote transmitter
Old 08-17-2019, 02:19 PM   #4
bleedmichigan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23739
Where did you get your receiver? The company that makes them for lippert is Gama Electronics if I remember correctly. They might be able to provide some technical advice
bleedmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 07:26 PM   #5
Larry Harris

M.O.C. #19024
I've spoken with 2 technicians at Gama and neither have been able to help. I even sent the board back to them for retesting and was told it works perfectly. It may have for them but it doesn't for me. The board itself works just fine but NOT with the transmitter.