Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2019, 04:33 PM   #21
QKnot
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24001
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Tech View Post
What you see see is a cover it slides off.
Mine went to the right. The extender slides on in place of the cover,
I just put the one I ordered off Amazon right in. Fit like a glove. Thank you again. Just testing it out, I was able to get on the hotspot at the gas station down the road a few blocks. I was impressed.

QKnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:24 PM   #22
Anthony T
Established Member

M.O.C. #22888
The one I seen there a white box on the wall , I don't have unless there something IM missing . where should I look?
Anthony T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:49 PM   #23
Meller65

M.O.C. #24627
Has anyone use the Furrion router/booster in order to get better cell phone data? I have Sprint and it is not great in many of the areas we camp. I'd love to get a cellular booster but don't want to drill any holes to run cabling so this option seems ideal. I'd be willing to pay $360 to get a good strong cellular signal.
Meller65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:00 PM   #24
Billtam2

M.O.C. #22660
Furrion access

I purchased the Furrion access router to attach to the camper from Amazon as well, as others have said I rarely use the Furrion data plan because of the cost. I use it to boost the campground WiFi and or my wireless hotspot from my phone and it does both very well. I have the iN·Command, Netflix, the dish WiFi and everyones iPads attached to it whenever we are camping and everything works very well. I used it on,our last trip in an area where we had trouble getting 2 bars from the campground WiFi and I had full bars the entire trip and was able to stream movies. Plus it is much more secure using our own password protected router as opposed to be directly on the campground WiFi. I am not an IT guy to know how much more secure but at least there is another password to get through which can’t be bad. Overall very happy with it once it got setup and I haven’t had any issue so far and we have had it for a few months.
Billtam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 02:02 AM   #25
QKnot
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meller65 View Post
Has anyone use the Furrion router/booster in order to get better cell phone data? I have Sprint and it is not great in many of the areas we camp. I'd love to get a cellular booster but don't want to drill any holes to run cabling so this option seems ideal. I'd be willing to pay $360 to get a good strong cellular signal.
Sorry. It does not amplify cell phone signals. Only wifi. It can connect to a 4G/LTE network and act as a hot spot (though you have to purchase the data plan through Furrion to do that, which is expensive), but it will not make your existing cell service stronger. There are separate products for cell phone signal boosters.
QKnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:53 AM   #26
Lakelife
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25287
So if I can turn my phone into a hot spot it will boost that signal?
Lakelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:16 PM   #27
AV Tech
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23262
Yes it will boost your signal

AV Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 06:42 PM   #28
OldWildcat

M.O.C. #26125
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeis48 View Post
Has anybody heard about the new Furrion antenna that integrates 4G LTE and Wi-Fi with standard VHF/UHF/AM/FM reception and acts as an in unit Wi-Fi signal booster. It comes installed on the new Montana's? I'm curious about how well it works and how to get it fired-up in an RV park. What has been your experience?
I purchased the Furrion unit and I would not give it a good review. I have called for help several times and was referred to the manual page 11. Now I am not a techie so that did nothing but confuse me. I am now shopping for a cell phone booster and wish I could return the Furrion unit.
OldWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 06:45 PM   #29
OldWildcat

M.O.C. #26125
I cannot get anything, what did I miss on the activation?
OldWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 08:16 PM   #30
Bill M
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23206
Talked to Verizon & they tell me they have a 5g router that will be able to have unlimited internet. Not available in Maine since 5g has not been installed. Anywhere else that 5g is active it will be available. Check on cost, etc.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 05:47 PM   #31
lewy64
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakelife View Post
So if I can turn my phone into a hot spot it will boost that signal?
i thinkit just boosts the 4g signal for verizon to the router not anywhere else.
Old 05-10-2021, 05:58 PM   #32
Janine
Established Member

M.O.C. #23264
Is this the unit you are all referring to? Ours is mounted on the wall inside by the bathroom door. We have a 2020 3813MS. Got it used (barely) and its lacking a lot of info manuals. Any idea where to look for info on the furrion? The wifi and cell suck at this park and would also like to if this would improve the problem.
Cant post pic.
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:02 PM   #33
Bill M
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23206
To get Furrion manual, I downloaded it from furrion.com.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:03 AM   #34
lewy64
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine View Post
Is this the unit you are all referring to? Ours is mounted on the wall inside by the bathroom door. We have a 2020 3813MS. Got it used (barely) and its lacking a lot of info manuals. Any idea where to look for info on the furrion? The wifi and cell suck at this park and would also like to if this would improve the problem.
Cant post pic.
Here is what they are putting in the newest ones, they used to use the furrion, but i believe they switched to winegard, which is a better one than the furrion https://www.keystonerv.com/innovations/4glte-wifi-prep the furrion uses an antenna that has wings. the winegard is round like the above picture shows.

this is the furrion router below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	317.7 KB
ID:	9127  
Old 05-11-2021, 10:21 AM   #35
Janine
Established Member

M.O.C. #23264
Well, since mine is already equipped with the Furrion, it would be to costly to change now. Just need the router unit Thanks for the info. Any idea if this unit interchanges with the Wingard?
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 11:17 AM   #36
JDDilly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25257
From what I have found, you have to use the Furrion router. The problem I see with the Furrion is you have to use their service, which is really costly. The Winegard can use AT & T or Verizon, giving you options. The savings in monthly service can offset the upfront cost of the antenna. If I recall correctly, the Winegard 360+ is around $150.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2020 Montana HC 381TH, Sailun S637
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
booster, furrion, wifi