Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2003, 07:49 PM   #1
Montana_310
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #310
The situation is this......

Hi All,

Pete and I are driving ourselves crazy trying to figure out the best option to meet our need right now. What we really want is the Mountaineer 318BHS (5th bunkhouse model) but with the options of thermopane windows,more insulation, and the window configuration for the bedslide of a Montana. Keystone tells us this is not possible.

Question is this. We have a 13 year old and a 3 year old. The bunks we currently have are rapidly becoming too small for the 13 year old to comfortably sleep in, and we really would like the extra storage of a 5th. We have also noticed a 1999 3150 model at a local dealership for an excellent price. We are going to have our 3 year old tagging along for many years yet but maybe another 3 to 5 for our oldest.

Those of you who do not have bunks, or used to camp with your kids how do you handle it?? Was a real nuisance to set the beds up and take down every day??

Our other thought is to get the 318BHS now and trade in 6 years or so when just down to one munchkin with us for a Montana that would take us to retirement.

Second question: Does anyone have or have had the 3150? How did you like it? Advantages? Disadvantages? I notice they do not have that model anymore so I am wondering...

Sorry to be so long winded but as I mentioned we are going in circles. Any input would be much appreciated. We were previously tent campers, and a pop up for 2 summers before going to a trailer and now would like to get into more space as we have spent so much time out this summer and absolutely love it.....all of us...

Thanks again,

Pete and Bets

P and B
2003 silverado 2500HD, D/A, CC, LB, 4x4
Mountaineer 318bhs wannabes
2002 Coleman Caravan 25SLB
Hensley/Prodigy

Montana_310 is offline   Reply With Quote