Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2006, 07:36 PM   #1
Lindylu

M.O.C. #5809
Montana 3600RE

Does anyone have this floorplan? We saw it at the So. California RV Show at Pomona Fairgrounds and we loved it!!!

If anyone owns this floorplan, what are your impressions? Positives, negatives or general comments.

I don't think we are quite ready to trade in our current 2002 Montana model 3255RL but we were sure impressed at the show.

Lindylu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:11 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Lindy,
Did you see the "new" version or the "old" version of the 3600RE? The new version has a computer desk and a window in the left hand corner with the TV in the right corner.

I have not seen the specs on the new version (2007) but for 2006 the 3600RE has the smallest carrying capacity in the entire Montana Fleet. I really like the old version with the tv in the center, the side glass cabinets and over head track lighting. Another feature that does not work for me in either version is, you must have a combo washer/dryer in the bedroom. I want a stackable washer and dryer in the closet by the entry door. Just my opinion...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:46 PM   #3
sheiba1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5291
We went to Beaudry RV to get some new ideas for our old RV 95 sunrise Layton, after seeing the line up off RVs they had we kept coming back to the 3600RE. My wife loved the floor plan I liked the entertainment center and all the extra space it afforded us. I liked the idea that all hookups were contained in the side compartment except sewage of course. As you know it comes with 5 chairs four for the table 1 for the computer desk we removed 3 chairs seen as its just me and my wife. We usually sit at the table or couch and work with laptops. When traveling I like that we can get to the fridge without opening a slide also easy access to the bathroom and bedroom for a quick nap. I had a few problems the roof material behind the front cap separated dealer took care of that no problem and the large slide(dining and living room) rubber wiper seal on top of the slide was not sealing dealer took care of that also. Didn’t like the sewage hose compartment barely enough room for a 10’ hose so I hung a 4" black sewer pipe behind the front legs and can now haul a 10 and 20’ hose. We spent the extra money for the special coating and it really works, I haven’t had to scrub bugs or black streaks off just wash with a soft long handled brush and it really shines. I had second thoughts about the Mission tires but so far no problems the under bed storage is OK for storing extra jeans or blankets just have to keep it to around 4" deep. The front closet is cramped because the dealer swapped out a king size mattress for us. No problem though my wife gave me the tight spot! It was set up for a washer dryer combo but we don’t get out enough to install one yet. We like the split toilet and shower set up but wifey would like a sink by the toilet. The kitchen cupboards have plenty of space, filling the water tank is a breeze just flip a lever but remember to remove the vent cap. I like that I can lighten the pin weight by adding water the only exposed valve is the galley so no little blank it ti blanks can open your valves and catch you off guard when you go to hook up the sewer. All and all it handles better than I thought a large fifth wheel would handle the sound system isn’t the best but we can upgrade that latter. Our dogs took up residents in front of the fireplace when it’s on glad they are comfortable. So far we really enjoy the openness of the layout it makes it feel real homey in the old sense of the word. I miss that I can’t haul it up in the mountains and dry camp in some of the places that we used to camp it’s way to big for that so we will have to camp in hookup campgrounds and make day trips into the mountains.
sheiba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:28 AM   #4
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
Sheiba1, thanks for the info, nice commentary, hope we get to see one soon.
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:27 PM   #5
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
We saw the 3600 floor plan last weekend in Oklahoma City at the RV Show. We loved the floor plan. The island Kitchen really made this feel like a home and not an rv.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:07 PM   #6
sheiba1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5291
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Okie Guy

We saw the 3600 floor plan last weekend in Oklahoma City at the RV Show. We loved the floor plan. The island Kitchen really made this feel like a home and not an rv.
Thats kind of what my wife said!
sheiba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:51 PM   #7
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
With us, it was a tough decision between the 3600, and the 3000. We actually liked the 3600 a little better, it had more room, and that is where the problem was for us, it was just too long for what we needed. I still believe it is a great floorplan though.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote