Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2006, 06:01 AM   #1
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Bedroom Slide Black Insulation HELP!

I am really upset with Keystone right now. Remember I posted about that black hard flat insulation stuff, well,I just got a call from Gardner's were we took our Montana to have it fixed. They told me they need 9 hours to do that job correctly so that this doesn't happen again. KEYSTONE said they will only allow them 3 1/2 hours. He said he talked with someone named Craig? This trailer is under warrantee and Gardner's said that if Keystone won't honor that time I will be responsible for $375.? This isn't right. The man at Gardner's explained what needed to be done to make this right and it is just what was explained here on the MOC..So why is Keystone NOT STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE??? I called MIMF and left a message for him to call Gardner's so we will see what happens. I could understand if this was something that I had caused, BUT IT ISN'T! I told Gardner's that I would call them back as soon as I heard something from Keystone...I just don't know what else to do. The guy at Gardner's said that he sees a lot of this where people buy their trailer in Cal. (Mike Thompson's) and can't get the work done. By the time he gets the trailer bad has gone to worse and then Keystone doesn't want to honor the work...

Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:57 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Kathi, you have met up with the infamous Craig. Call back and try to find someone else to work with. I will resist saying anything more but you get my drift.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:18 AM   #3
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
JUST SPOKE WITH CRAIG and he said that the time that Gardner's is asking to do this JOB RIGHT is EXCESSIVE???? Thanks Judy I needed to hear that, because this guy was a real ADAM HENRY! He wouldn't budge. He said that he told them he would give them 5 hrs max...Now the story changes....Then he said 3 1/2 hrs tops....I am calling right now and asking for someone else, any ideas who????
Old 03-23-2006, 08:19 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Kathi..Find out who your district sales rep is. What Craig is doing is what the Auto folks do..pay a flate rate for Warranty repairs..But in this case who set the flate rate..If it can be done correctly in 5 hours or 3 1/2 hours Keystone neeeds to give the dealer indtructions on how that is done...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:23 AM   #5
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Craig called back and said that he found another place that will fix it for less...I told him I live here and that I had never heard of that place...He said they are in his system and that they have done repairs. He said he would call Gardner's and see if they were willing to do the repairs for the same FLAT FEE that he offered the other place....That FLAT FEE statement scares me and I told him so. To be continued...LOL
Old 03-23-2006, 08:26 AM   #6
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
I bet it was CRAIG CROUCH - should be Grouch! He is a rude individual. If that was him I am sorry you had to speak to him as well. We have had our own problems with Keystone and I share your feelings about Keystone not stepping up to the plate.
My anger level just shot up after reading your post. It is just sickning how Keystone is treating the consumer.
I pray that both of our issues are resolved but at this point I do not see Keystone doing a darn thing.
Montana_2913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:03 AM   #7
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
I just emailed Keystone at the address that Richfaa posted. I keep trying. Maybe this person will get the ball rolling.
Montana_2913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:52 AM   #8
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
I just emailed that address also...I don't need this stress with my 2 strokes last year and Paul just home from the hospital and his stroke...Of course this guy said he would do it. Up here you get all the work you can get..I have never heard of this place and when we went by there, I doubt if they would even have the place to put the Monty and take the slide out. My blood pressure was back to normal but now it is at 200/101....I shouldn't have to run interference between Keystone and the dealers...Yes it was CRAIG CROUCH that I spoke to...You are so right, that man doesn't have the ability to know anything about customer service.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:03 PM   #9
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Just picked up a message from Gardner's (Randall) he said that Keystone called while he was at lunch and that they worked something out to where the belly of the slide will be fixed there....Now lets see how long it takes me to get my blood pressure back down to normal
Old 03-23-2006, 12:07 PM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Flate rate is common with Auto warranties. It is also not very well liked by the dealers and the auto technicians as it usually pays less than the normal hourly rate. I wonder if Keystone is establishing the Flate rate system as a money savings move. Just a word on the "flate rate" system..there is some merit to it..BC/BS does essentially the same thing with their "preferred provider" system. I have a procedure done by a surgeon. He charged me 1000.00. He is in the prefered provider system.BC/BS says that is a 500.00 procedure.He takes the 500.00. It CAN save $ for all concerned IF properly designed and implemented.As a consumer I want my Warranty issue corrected properly.I really don't care who does it or how much it cost..That is between the dealer and Keystone. This guy Craig is in customer service..not customer relations...he could use some cross training.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote