Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2004, 02:50 PM   #1
Montana_1794
Established Member

M.O.C. #1794
HOT WATER TANK

SOMEONE MENTION A CHECK VALVE ON THE WATER HEATER AND HAD A PICTURE OF THE VALVE ON THE TANK. WILL SOMEONE POST IT AGAIN -- I AM UNABLE TO LOCATE IT. THANKS

Montana_1794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 06:55 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm the one who recently had to replace the checkvalve on the water heater but I don't recall posting a picture. I can take one if you need it. If you look at the back of your water heater, the line at the top is the outgoing line and is where the valve is located. You'll see the white plastic knob that screws the water line onto a brass fitting. That brass fitting is the check valve. Drain the water heater or at least drain enough to get water below that level (what I did), remove the water line (had to use a wrench to loosen ours). Then put a wrench on the brass fitting and unscrew it. It's a simple replacement if you can get to the back of the tank from inside the Montana. Our dealer had only the nylon checkvalve, not the brass one, so that's what I used. There's a couple of different types. Ours is male on both ends. 1/2 inch.

If you need the picture let me know and I'll take one and post it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 08:01 AM   #3
Montana_1794
Established Member

M.O.C. #1794
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

I'm the one who recently had to replace the checkvalve on the water heater but I don't recall posting a picture. I can take one if you need it. If you look at the back of your water heater, the line at the top is the outgoing line and is where the valve is located. You'll see the white plastic knob that screws the water line onto a brass fitting. That brass fitting is the check valve. Drain the water heater or at least drain enough to get water below that level (what I did), remove the water line (had to use a wrench to loosen ours). Then put a wrench on the brass fitting and unscrew it. It's a simple replacement if you can get to the back of the tank from inside the Montana. Our dealer had only the nylon checkvalve, not the brass one, so that's what I used. There's a couple of different types. Ours is male on both ends. 1/2 inch.

If you need the picture let me know and I'll take one and post it.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:04 AM   #4
Montana_1794
Established Member

M.O.C. #1794
Thanks for the info. The pictures I mentioned I have since found on Gruffy's post on NO HOT WATER TODAY dated Dec. 11, 2004. Thanks again for your help.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:29 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, WildBill. I forgot about that post and I even saved it for reference. Just forgot to look in my reference file when we had the problem. In any case, it's not difficult to change it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote