Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2004, 04:02 AM   #21
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Ketelsen's are great!! We bought a rig from them in Denver and they were superb. If you need to use them we think you could do so with confidence!

Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 04:48 AM   #22
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
I hope you are able to get your slide leak problem fixed soon! Good luck to you, if you are ever up this way, try Fox RV in Chippewa Falls. The don't have very good personalities but they do warranty work and do what you ask.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by vickster

We had Monty back to the Warranty Doctor for slide leakage repair. Apparently the "surgery" was not totally successful, for the dinette slide still leaks in the lower right corner.

I know that several of us have had this problem and some even have had a successful fix. For those of you who have had a successful fix, would you be willing to share the name of your dealer? I would then have our dealer contact your dealer to find out first hand the corrective measures taken. Seems to me this would save time in driving back and forth to the dealer, and the dealer scratching his head. Thanks for your help.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 12:42 AM   #23
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bowie

Ketelsen's are great!! We bought a rig from them in Denver and they were superb. If you need to use them we think you could do so with confidence!
We bought our very first RV (Coleman pop up) from Randy Ketelsen when he was running the Marion, IA dealership, before they moved him to Denver. Yes, he was awesome too!
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 04:34 AM   #24
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Yes they are much thiner, and so far the slides been out. Will know something when it rain.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by applejack

Just148 did the dealer replace the seals with narrower ones? Do all of your seals unfold now ?
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 04:35 AM   #25
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
sorry, slidemiss spelled word
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by vickster

Just148 - duh, this may be a dumb question, but what is a "splick"?? Thanks.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 10:50 AM   #26
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
I would like to thank everyone for responding to my inquiry. I hope you don't mind that I shared your responses with our dealer's service technician, for I know he appreciated the input. We felt confident with our assigned technican for he asked good questions regarding our leak. Some sort of fancy,dancy diagostic equipment was used (this could very well have been the same leak detector mentioned by ols1932)to determine source of leak. A self leveling caulk was placed in the upper corner of the slide along some rivets (don't you just love it when a women tries to explain all this technical stuff?)
Anyways to make long story short, leak should be fixed ....hip,hip,horay! We will be giving it the test next week when we head out to our very first rally. Drive safe everyone!!
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote