Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2004, 05:54 AM   #1
Montana_982

M.O.C. #982
Slide Out Cracks

I was fortunate enough to find a 2000 3255RL that was used only twice and then it sat for two years. The mattress's were still in the plastic and the packing in the oven and microwave. The TV remote was in the sealed bag with the instructions. What a find...or so I thought.
My familily actually started using the unit and after two trips, I had many things go wrong, but the worst are the bedroom slide
cracks. Because I am the second owner, Keystone, will only pay for 325.00 of the 1450.00 needed repair. Cracks are getting bigger with each use so I will probably have to fix out of my own pocket or risk further damage to the unit. I feel Keystone is being unfair as these are structural defects which they admit to and not just a broken fridge or something that can be caused by the owner. Does anyone have a similar experience being the second owner. The first owner siad that had he been notified of the many hidden problems, he would have gotten them fixed under his name before I took possesion. No more Keystones for me!

Montana_982 is offline   Reply With Quote