Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2004, 06:01 AM   #1
skyguy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #940
Send a message via AIM to skyguy
Electric Hot Water Problem - HELP!

WE bought our Montana used, 1 year old. The Electric Hot Water Heater has never worked. I bought a replacement element and replaced it the other day, and while I had a chance, I checked the continuity on the old element, it seemed fine.

It's my understanding from this forum that the electric element only works from the on/off switch mounted on the exterior side of the heater - the interior switch is only for gas?

I tried getting into the "reset breakers" located on the unit, but when I took off the screws for the cover, the cover did not want to come loose from the unit. I took off the rubber caps, and both the ac and dc breakers seem to be in the same position.

I have checked all the fuses (at least in the fuse holder) and all the breakers, and they all seem OK.

I'm pretty handy with a VOM, if anyone's got some ideas, or more info about the reset box located on the heater itself.

Al and Rexann Schlafli
2001 3280RL
2000 F-350 Powerstroke 4WD SuperCab long bed
2 kids in college, gotta keep working!

skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote