Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2005, 09:59 AM   #21
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
Congratulations,
Having a dealer close by who has an incentive to take care of you is truly a wonderful thing!

Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 11:13 AM   #22
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, Karl!!

Eric Roellig, interesting story. Thanks for sharing. You can get a 2 1/2 in riser for the toilet that makes a major, major difference. We got ours at Camping World for about 25 bucks. It's an easy install although you might need to lengthen water lines. Another member told me to remove the black elbow off that line in the basement and the line would pull up enough. I did and it did. Didn't have to lengthen lines. Or, swap out the toilet for another one. We just replaced ours when the cable on the foot pedal broke (another story). We replaced it with the high-rise Thetford Aqua Magic V (our old one was the IV model). This one already is taller so I didn't need the riser although it would have worked had we wanted to use it.

Sorry to hear about the problems. At least it's out of commission during the cold season in IL and not during camping season.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 11:22 AM   #23
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Good deal and everybody is happy. Congradulations you will love the unit we do.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 02:12 AM   #24
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Congratulations, Karl!!

Eric Roellig, interesting story. Thanks for sharing. You can get a 2 1/2 in riser for the toilet that makes a major, major difference. [...]

Sorry to hear about the problems. At least it's out of commission during the cold season in IL and not during camping season.
Steve, We have had some good timing all around regarding our RV. Our van died two years ago and the TT died this past fall. Everything died in the correct order. The problems with the rig were all known at the time I got it. When I flew out to inspect it, I had purchased an RV inspection checklist and spent about 9 hours combing the rig looking for problems. I got quite a list of issues, but most of it was small normal wear items. So, it was really just a matter of renegotiating for the major issues that they had not disclosed earlier before inking the deal.

Mary Lou and I have made quite a few comments lately about how it's a good thing that we got it in late fall so it could be repaired without us climbing the walls wanting to take a trip. As it is, I want to be able to go to our storage spot and crank up my generator and "enjoy" it for a little while.
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote