Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
Big Dave
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13075
2013 Montana 3750 J couch replacement

I am looking for some help or advise on replaceing the J-couch!
Do I have to buy a RV style couch to replace it or can I but a couch from a local furniture store and fit it in?
I do realize measurements are everything, but what is under the J-couch and how much work is it to replace it.
I want a stand straight couch without the J-part.
Thanks in advance for any help or input!
Dave

Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Big Dave

Do I have to buy a RV style couch to replace it or can I but a couch from a local furniture store and fit it in?
I do realize measurements are everything, but what is under the J-couch and how much work is it to replace it.
Dave
Hey Big Dave,

Unfortunately on our 3750's, the couches have a "false" bottom. In other words they are not a complete rectangle because there are protruding channels under them in the back where wiring and I think mechanical parts for the slideouts are. Unlike other floorplans, you won't have a flat floor all the way back to the windows where the couch goes. Hope you enjoy your new 3750!

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:39 AM   #3
Big Dave
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13075
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by seahunter

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Big Dave

Dave
Hey Big Dave,

Unfortunately on our 3750's, the couches have a "false" bottom. In other words they are not a complete rectangle because there are protruding channels under them in the back where wiring and I think mechanical parts for the slideouts are. Unlike other floorplans, you won't have a flat floor all the way back to the windows where the couch goes. Hope you enjoy your new 3750!

Old 03-16-2013, 04:18 AM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
The other option is to put the straight couch on both sides instead of one side and the J-couch. Personal preferences at play. In our model the J-couch is the one that everyone fights over since it is the most comfortable spot to view the tv relatively straight on. That corner is a popular spot in ours!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:49 AM   #5
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
We actually ordered ours without the L-couch. We had been in a 3750 that had two regular leather sofas, and liked how it opened up the living room more. I can see how it would be a good TV spot though. Also, without the L, you might be able to put a small recliner in that area.
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #6
Big Dave
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13075
Thank You everyone for your help and advice!
Big Dave
Old 03-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #7
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
I ordered mine with the two couches/beds and bought a lazy boy recliner that sits in the position where the L seat would be. I only have to lay the recliner over on the front and turn it sideways when I close the two slides. It fits perfectly between the two couches with the back riding on top of one of them. The recliner is the seat that everyone fights over. You can do that but it will require a trip to the dealer to see how much he will charge you to swap the L for a regular sofa.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote