Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #21
RidgecrestDad
Established Member

M.O.C. #8969
Rich,

The answer is Yes. Appears to be 1/4-3/8 inch at the front.

RidgecrestDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #22
Jim Jarvis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6781
That was my symptom too. Keystone has had my rig almost 3 months now and is just now ready to ship. Now the problem seems to be getting someone to deliver it to Canada. If you take it to Keystone prepare to camp on their doorstep or be finished with camping for several months.
Jim Jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:21 AM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Actually Jim that is unusual. When one makews a appointment at the service center the work is done very quickly.Our frame flex repair was done in one day.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:22 AM   #24
Jim Jarvis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6781
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Actually Jim that is unusual. When one makews a appointment at the service center the work is done very quickly.Our frame flex repair was done in one day.
Well they have done a lot more than frame flex. First they replaced the forward wall on the drivers side. Then they replaced ALL of the slide walls. I do not know what was wrong with them and haven't been told. They put in the new double weather barrier system at all the slides. They have done more work than I can recall at this moment. I cannot praise them enough. However, when I took it in they said they allow 2 weeks but usually have it done in a couple of days. No one said anything about 2 and a half months. Anyway, once they decide to replace a wall then it takes up to 10 days for the walls to be made then I suppose it has to be scheduled back in to install. All in all I must praise them for their generosity. Recently they told me they had to align the mid and upper deck, whatever that entails. Anyway, it is now ready to ship but I have been told the shipper does not have many drivers that go into Canada and they cannot say when I will get it back. I'm not really happy about that. I offered to come and get it if they paid me as they would the shipper. Keystone said no to that. So I wait. If I lived handy I would have been at their door daily after the first couple of weeks.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:12 PM   #25
RidgecrestDad
Established Member

M.O.C. #8969
Jim,

It appears from the thread that you had the same symptons I am seeing? The gap that seemingly closes when hooked up? Am I correct? Or was it one of the other symptoms?
RidgecrestDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #26
Jim Jarvis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6781
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RidgecrestDad

Jim,

It appears from the thread that you had the same symptons I am seeing? The gap that seemingly closes when hooked up? Am I correct? Or was it one of the other symptoms?
Yes, I had that same symptom. Mine turned out to be 3 broken rods(?) in the wall. That's why the one wall was replaced. I do not know why the slide walls were replaced.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
When we had our first frame flex problem fixed at the service center we went to check on the progress and saw the 3400 scattered all over the bay, front cap off, two slides off. The john was sitting on the floor, underbelly down. We wound up being there like 5 days. The service center guys are incredible. Your Montana will be better than when it came off the line.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #28
Jim Jarvis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6781
Quote:

When we had our first frame flex problem fixed at the service center we went to check on the progress and saw the 3400 scattered all over the bay, front cap off, two slides off. The john was sitting on the floor, underbelly down. We wound up being there like 5 days. The service center guys are incredible. Your Montana will be better than when it came off the line.
I think you are right Rich. I can't believe what they have done 4 years out of warranty. They tell me it looks very sharp too with the new decals. I just want to get it back before summer is over.

BTW Rich, I asked and they know you very well there. In a very positive way I might add.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #29
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
When we were at the Service Center last year for 41 days, we noticed that the priority of repair was us or anyone at Camp Keystone then the rigs that were delivered to them and which were sitting in the yard behind the Service Center building.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:45 AM   #30
Jim Jarvis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6781
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by snfexpress

When we were at the Service Center last year for 41 days, we noticed that the priority of repair was us or anyone at Camp Keystone then the rigs that were delivered to them and which were sitting in the yard behind the Service Center building.
That is exactly what I suspected.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:33 AM   #31
Allen in MT
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7615
I have checked all over inside the front compartment where the generator sits looking for cracks of any sort on our 05 3400.
The front wall inside the closet on the right side has bowed, cracked, and splintered to where the wall has broken and is about an inch away from the frame and the side wall where the drawers are has seperated to where the drawers fall of the tracks.
We have tried to fix it but it just keeps popping out.
Is this a sign of frame flex??
Allen in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:13 AM   #32
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jim Jarvis

Quote:

I think you are right Rich. I can't believe what they have done 4 years out of warranty. They tell me it looks very sharp too with the new decals. I just want to get it back before summer is over.

BTW Rich, I asked and they know you very well there. In a very positive way I might add.
We have the advantage of being able to attend every fall rally since 2006. Darrell is one of a kind. We also made it a point to attempt to meet every one of the service reps there over the years so we could put a face to a name on the phone and so could they.

These folks are all knowledgeable people trying to do as good job.

We have no got our own way every times over the years but we find they go out of their way to do a good job. If they are treated with respect they will give the same in return.

I do agree with Mike on the priority of repair.Appointments are first. If you have a prior appointment to be there on a certain day they will take you in that day.They do their best with drive ins or drive ups.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:46 AM   #33
Jim Jarvis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6781
Quote:

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jim Jarvis

Quote:

We have the advantage of being able to attend every fall rally since 2006. Darrell is one of a kind. We also made it a point to attempt to meet every one of the service reps there over the years so we could put a face to a name on the phone and so could they.

These folks are all knowledgeable people trying to do as good job.

We have no got our own way every times over the years but we find they go out of their way to do a good job. If they are treated with respect they will give the same in return.

I do agree with Mike on the priority of repair.Appointments are first. If you have a prior appointment to be there on a certain day they will take you in that day.They do their best with drive ins or drive ups.
I agree with your thoughts completely Rich. Also about Darrell, he was very professional and attentive. Also Steve Holmes of the management team is extremely helpful and a real asset to the company.

I did have an appointment. April 16 scheduled in January and they did take it in that day. I have a feeling that if I was able to camp at Camp Keystone and attend everyday both me and my rig would be here now in Canada. If someone is on the property after your butt who are you gonna take in, him or the guy at home? Having said that Keystone has been very, very good to me.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #34
Joe in Texas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10881
May be a stupid question:
Is this a concern with the newer (2011) units ?
Joe in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #35
mamestra
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12359
Not a stupid question, yes it still is an issue, we have with ours and it is an ongoing problem.
mamestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:51 AM   #36
woodtic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12753
Mine also has flex issues. The dealer is to address it this winter, or so they say.
woodtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #37
Chip
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6338
Ours is an ongoing problem as well.

2012 Big Sky 3400, now an SOB 5th wheel
2007 Montana 3075 previously
2015 GMC 3500 Dually
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #38
Montana3800RE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12821
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chip

Ours is an ongoing problem as well.

X2 with an ongoing problem, going in next month to see what is the next process, going to call the rep to see if they will take it back to Goshen where the experts are...
Montana3800RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:38 AM   #39
jhudson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13711
Hi
Just bought 2014 3725RL a couple of weeks ago and checking out this forum. I traded my 2004 Titanium for this new coach.....Well my Titanium had knee wall issues (repaired) which would allow the pin to have more than 3/4" deflection. The repair cost around $4000.....so I am sad that I may have issues with my new Montana. I tow all over the country in fact the Titanium had logged 55000 miles before I traded it. Wife and I loved that camper, just wanted a little more space.

Well I cannot believe now that I have to be concerned about the frame flexing on our new one. Where do I look to start monitoring the "frame flex"? Our unit will be towed all over the country like our Titanium so I am one that does not like to have problems on the road.

Should I be concerned here or am I over reacting?
jhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #40
mamestra
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12359
If you are going to tow it a lot, you should be concerned, I have a front living room and my first indication after about 8,000 miles was the staples coming out in the entertainment centre in the living room, next the "slide guides" (corner pieces on the outside wall of the front slides) cracked. So I would suggest that you check your cupboards and panelling in the front near the front cap. Mine has never been towed on anything other than reasonable good highways (some interstates are a bit rough). Mine was tied up for 3 months getting "fixed" I towed 80 miles and the staples starting coming out again.
mamestra is offline   Reply With Quote