Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2010, 03:25 PM   #21
Texas5er
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7143
I have just removed the front mountan graphic off my 07 3075. I left the front MONTANA graphic, but will take it off soon. The graphic rolled up about 3 inches all around. Used extreme GooGone and the sticky stuff came right off.
Burlinton has sent me the replacement graphic but I don't think I will put it on. Will save it for when I sell. Pretty sad. I keep my unit clean and spotless and very proud of my Montana. The bad Chinese tires and now the graphics, maybe not so proud anymore.

Texas5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #22
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
we had small cracks in our decals on our 2010. They were replaced by our dealer--Burlington looked at them at the fall ralley and told us to have our dealer contact them. they replaced some and then more cracked--I think we probably have a complete new set by now. t
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:43 AM   #23
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
My decals are all but gone, what would painting the front cap cost.
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:12 AM   #24
pandew
Established Member

M.O.C. #4408
i have finally taken most of the decals off the front and will not replace them. i scraped them off with new sharp razor blades and finally cleaned off the glue and residue with polishing compound and then waxed.

has anyone found an easier way to make the removal process easier and still look go?
pandew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #25
mikestock
Established Member

M.O.C. #7781
Whoever said the problem didn't exist with older models was just lucky. My 2001 3255RL had freying on almost every single piece. I had trouble finding replacements but replaced those I could obtain, before I sold it. So far I haven't seen any problem with my 2007.
mikestock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:49 AM   #26
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pandew

i have finally taken most of the decals off the front and will not replace them. i scraped them off with new sharp razor blades and finally cleaned off the glue and residue with polishing compound and then waxed.

has anyone found an easier way to make the removal process easier and still look go?
I used a heat gun, and a plastic scraper to get them started then they peeled off pretty good, glue and all. In direct sunlight ,and 80 plus degrees I didn't need the heat gun. What glue was left on there I took it off with goo-gone.

The biggest problem is getting everything to match, on mine you can see where every graphic was on the cap. I put on poliglow to get everything looking the same, but that is not the solution if you want to put back on graphics, or paint. That poliglow will have to come off. I guess if one wants to use a power buffer, and rubbing compound they may get the gloss back to match what was under the graphics.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:32 AM   #27
shawk

M.O.C. #8790
Just peeled the front graphics off my 2009 Big Sky and am not going to replace them. I was shocked that they peeled as soon as they did. Cap looks good with out them. The decales came off good with a hair dryer but the glue was a real pain in the backside did get it off with googone but it was a job.
shawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #28
OxyVegas
Established Member

M.O.C. #8523
I am receiving my new graphics for the front. Don't want to do them myself. Does anyone have a ball park figure for what it might cost me in labor to have them replaced?

Thanks
OxyVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:40 AM   #29
bubbabc
Established Member

M.O.C. #9722
Hello, I just had my front grafics replaced last Friday by my dealer "Beckleys Camping Center" in Thurmont Md. on my 2010 326 Mouintaineer. The dealer took care of everything and it didn't cost me a cent.Contact your dealer and they will most likely help you with the warranty claim. Good Luck!!
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dpam

Took our 2010 3150RL for a 2 week trip and when we got home the front cap was plastered with bugs. The bugs came off easily with generic dryer sheets. I washed the front with Simple Green and a wash sponge and noticed bits and pieces of decals in the water. Upon a closer examination I noticed that the Montana decal on the cap is frayed slightly around the entire decal. I was going to take a hobby knife blade and trim off the frayed edges. But now I'm wondering if the entire decal will start to peel. I understand the decals are under warranty for a year, and I was going to call Keystone, but I'm wondering if others have experienced something similar when their Monty was new.
bubbabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #30
JuneDewey

M.O.C. #9697
Ours has also started to peal down from top. I contacted Keystone, but since ours was over one year old, was told I had to contact Burlington Graphics. I contacted them by e-mail and received one of their auto replys stating someone would contact me. Later called the phone number Keystone supplied. Had to leave a message. Never received an answer. Does anyone have any other ideas?
JuneDewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #31
stimpy123
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8267
Send a message via Yahoo to stimpy123
quote"It's July 3rd, and I've now contacted Burlington Graphics 3 times since late spring about the peeling and cracking graphics on the nose of our late-year 2007 model 3585 rig. Two months ago, only the front "Montana" was peeling; now I'd estimate that 95% of the graphics on all sides are peeling and cracking. To date, I've had no response from Burlington."
Wayne and Carolyn,
Go to the Burlington's website to order the product pieces you need. The website asks year and then displays the entire rig to allow the searcher to identify the piece that needs to be replaced. I did this and in about 2 weeks the items arrived via UPS, without a single phone call.
http://www.burlingtongraphics.com/about.html
At the bottom of the page, click on "replacement graphics"; then select model and year; which should display your rig. Beware of the design, because ours is a 2009 3605Rl, but has the 2008 graphics.
Best wishes.
Steve
stimpy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #32
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
I did exactly that--went to the web site, filled out the form, and submitted it as directed on July 28th. That was the second time I've used the form and the 4th time I've contacted Burlington since early spring. As of today, nothing.

You must have had a better touch than I had when filling out the form! I've also sent Burlington photographs of all my cracked and peeling graphics. That didn't get a response either.

I'm not giving up!

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:06 AM   #33
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Carolyn, we are at the fall MOC rally in Goshen. Yesterday morning we had the Keystone Customer Care rep from Keystone give us a seminar. He told us not to bother contacting Burlington directly anymore that Keystone Customer care would take care of all further vinyl graphics issues. So I would suggest that you call customer care (team Montana) directly and that goes for anyone else that is having graphic problems. Don't call today because the plant will be closed today. Once again, if you are having graphics problems contact Keystone Customer Care(team Montana) and talk to them. They are handling all further graphics issues instead of Burlington Graphics...Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:26 AM   #34
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
Dave - We have read that they are no longer getting decals from Burlington Graphics, did they confirm that or say anything about a new supplier? Did they give any indication of how they will approach this defect on new units going forward, i.e. extended warranty on graphics or something? There are some of us that WILL NOT purchase a new Montana unless or until this issue is resolved and we get some indication from Keystone that they are going to stand behind the fix.
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:37 AM   #35
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Exnavydiver

Carolyn, we are at the fall MOC rally in Goshen. Yesterday morning we had the Keystone Customer Care rep from Keystone give us a seminar. He told us not to bother contacting Burlington directly anymore that Keystone Customer care would take care of all further vinyl graphics issues. So I would suggest that you call customer care (team Montana) directly and that goes for anyone else that is having graphic problems. Don't call today because the plant will be closed today. Once again, if you are having graphics problems contact Keystone Customer Care(team Montana) and talk to them. They are handling all further graphics issues instead of Burlington Graphics...Dave
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by stevemc

Dave - We have read that they are no longer getting decals from Burlington Graphics, did they confirm that or say anything about a new supplier? Did they give any indication of how they will approach this defect on new units going forward, i.e. extended warranty on graphics or something? There are some of us that WILL NOT purchase a new Montana unless or until this issue is resolved and we get some indication from Keystone that they are going to stand behind the fix.
Wow Dave!!! Thanks for the info on the graphics. It's nice to see Keystone is taking ownership of this issue. I would be interested if you have an answer for Steve's question. Given the amount of chatter about graphics, it would be great if one of the Administrators would post all of this new info as a sticky.
Thanks again,
Jack
Old 09-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #36
stimpy123
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8267
Send a message via Yahoo to stimpy123
Gang,
I've just removed and replaced the MONTANA graphic on the front cap. The toughest part was the removal of the sticky adhesive left behind. I used "Goo Gone" as a preliminary cleaner, then soft scrub and then an alcohol wash to ensure the cleanliness. The graphic replacement went on fairly well and after really looking, the new one is 1/4 in off the original location. I don't think anyone will know at 65mph. :-)
I hope that the other of you don't have to have the hassle of taking the old off. I had thought all along that the graphic should have been covered by the applicator or Montana in this case. But the service manager at my selling dealer in Utah said that it wasn't his problem that we had to contact the graphics mfg. It seems that everyone has a finger pointing to someone else. Best wishes to all in this problem.
Steve
stimpy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #37
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Steve, as far as I know that is not the case. As far as I can ascertain Keystone is still using and will continue using BGS as their graphics supplier. While on route to this rally we were invited to go on a tour of BGS main facility in Racine Wi. We also had a long talk with the president of BGS. They have changed to a new supplier of vinyl called Arlon. The previous product they were using was from Avery. That appears to be the product that has caused the latest run of graphic failures. The Arlon is supposed to be a very good product and has showed very little shrinkage in a test chamber aging test. This chamber subjects the samples to the equivalent of ten years of aging by subjecting it to rain, wind and UV light equal to ten years in the weather. It is so good in fact that the are planning on a 5 to 7 year warranty on the product. As I said in the previous post if you have a problem with peeling or curling graphics contact Keystone service... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:46 AM   #38
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Quite interesting; I have used Avery products on some of my restorations that are now 10 years old and not a problem with fading, cracking, peeling, or any other type failure. Now our Monty an 09 has spiderweb cracks on the great majority of the deacals. Our Dealer has replaced some on warranty but we still have about a third that are cracked. A bit annoying; especially when you are advertising the brand!!!
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:03 AM   #39
drknapp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9135
Dave, do you know if the new Arlon product is actually in use on the Montana's yet?
Old 09-29-2010, 05:36 AM   #40
dpam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10119
Called Keystone Customer Service this morning, as I wanted confirmation on how long the graphics are covered under warranty. In a video the General Manager of Montana states the decals/graphics are covered for 3 years, but what he doesn't say is that Keystone provides only 1 yr warranty, and the 3 yrs is from the manufacturer (confirmed by Keystone Customer Service). At the current time my front decals are starting to fray and they will be replaced by the dealer under warranty, but after warranty if the decals/graphics peel/crack I will not pay to replace them with more inferior product.
dpam is offline   Reply With Quote