Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2005, 09:50 AM   #21
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
I started a thread awhile back about this. I would jump at the chance to have a frame mounted bike rack to put our tandem on. For the time being, I guess we'll hang it from the ladder, although I haven't tried it yet.

Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 11:00 AM   #22
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
MIMF, any chance Lippert folks would attend the October 2nd International Montana Owners Club Rally near Reno, NV? At the first rally we had 67 rigs there, twice that many people. I, for one, would love to have a Lippert rep there.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 05:46 PM   #23
Montana_2737

M.O.C. #2737
MIMF-I'm still having landing gear problems unfortunately, just not with the switch this time. The whole landing gear motor/gearbox vibrates against the side of the opening in which the gearbox sits. I mean there is lot of movement when the extend button is pressed. In my first posting I commented on the chattering and rattling, is this supposed to be normal?? Dispite the movement and chattering the landing gear has extended in the past. Today if wouldn't extend (I had been camped for 4 days and was extending to hitch the trailer to the truck). It "acts" like the gears are stripped out or broken. However when I manually extend (though tough on the arms and very slow) the gear does extend--so the gears must be engaging. After manually extending the legs approx. one inch I hit the extend button and the damned thing started extending like it's supposed to. This whole process is very annoying and don't know if I need a new motor/gearbox or some kind of adjustment to the current one or what. I'm in Tucson right now and will
try and get an appt Monday at a Montana dealer to have a look at the damned thing. Meanwhile if you had any ideas, I'd sure like to hear them. Thanks. Higgsrv
Montana_2737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 12:59 PM   #24
tacodave
Established Member

M.O.C. #1366
I'm having trouble w/ the landing gear. The motor runs in both directions but does not operate the landing gear up or down. We can manually extend and retract the gear but the motor will not operate them. This just happened when my son and his family took the Montana to Myrtle Beach last week. I haven't had much time to look into it yet. Anyone else out there with this problem?
tacodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 01:41 PM   #25
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
tacodave; Check the shear pin. We had one break some time ago, can't remember which trailor.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 03:09 PM   #26
tollmann
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1824
WOW a factory rep that does what he says and says what he does. I am IMPRESSED. Way to go
MIMF. It is really good to know that there are people like you that really care.
tollmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:04 AM   #27
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
QUESTION ON THE SWITCH??
When I extend the landing gear the switch has a position that I don't have to hold the switch, but when retracting I have to hold the switch.
Are you suppose to be able to push the switch to extend of retract and it statys on??
Thanks
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:21 AM   #28
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
That doesn't sound right. The switch on ours has to be held in both the extend and retract positions. We also had trouble with our landing gear on our maiden voyage. The crossover shaft between the two sides snapped where the shear pin connected the two sides, so the passenger side wouldn't move. When we took it in to the dealer after the trip, the motor assembly simply fell off. The dealer had to use two floor jacks to get the rig off the truck.
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:12 PM   #29
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
The switch that operates the landing gear is a rocker type switch in our rig. Push it one way and hold it there and it goes up..... then let go and it stops. Push the other way and it goes down. Let go and it stops. Now that is supposed to be what happens..... every now and then the switch will stick for a second or two after you let go of it. So far we've had no problem but it is scary when you know it should stop but doesn't! Think I'll hit it with some silicon spray and see if that helps.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote