Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2007, 07:51 AM   #1
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
6 hours later .......

Chuck just got home from the dealers. They were suppose to put a new set of steps on our unit. Well ----- the ones they "were" going to put on were the same as what we have. Ended up giving us one of those safety step things from Camping World. That's what I asked for to begin with. Keystone wouldn't go for the $79.00 at the time. They did today.

Then there's the toilet. They worked and couldn't solve the mystery of why it fills, empties, fills and empties and on and on. Ok when your at full service. But in August we are going to a campground with no sewer. They put a valve in, so I guess we can shut the water off. If this doesn't solve the problem, the we will ask for a new toilet.

Finally the couch drawer. It would open when we traveled. Too much air still left in the air mattress. We haven't even used this one yet.
Don't know about these new air mattresses in the couch. Jury still out on that. I know I've sat on more comfortable couches.

Don't know if the addressed the molding around where the recliners are. That comes loose in traveling too. Chuck will have to get some wood nails and keep nailing it back.

At least our problems are minor. Could be worse.

Carol

Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:07 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Question..How many minor problems does it take before it is a major problem?????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:31 PM   #3
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Good point, Rich.

Carol and Chuck, you have a year to get things fixed on their dime. I would use it and not waste any time. After that, the extended warranty comes in handy. We have already used it for a sewer leak into the basement. Sorry to hear of your problems, though.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:57 PM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There is perhaps a positive side to all this..We did have many, many problems in the first year of ownership and I think we used the Montana long enough and hard enough to wring out problems. We spent 3 days at the service center while they corrected our listed issues and some we did not know we had. That was mid April 07. We have run over 4000 miles since then and nearly 3000 miles on this trip alone without a single problem of any kind..not even a little minor one.Our advise would be to use your Montana has long and as hard as you can during the first year. Force those problems out, have your dealer or the service center correct them. I know that many of you live a long way from the service center ..but if you can find a way to do it have your issues corrected at the service center..these guys are great and..I kid you not..your Montana will come out of the service center better than it came off the assembly line. It is worth a vacation trip there is plenty to do and see in the area.(sorry assembly line guys, it is not your fault, but that is the way it is)
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:06 AM   #5
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Good advice Rich. That says it all. We have been lucky with our unit. No major problems.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Carol, your toilet is probably the SeaLand, made by Dometic. You might give them a call about the toilet. Ours had a problem, I called, they sent me a new spring pack and seals and that fixed the problem. It's not the same problem as yours but you might try calling them direct since you're still in warranty. If I recall, the number is in the manual.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:25 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Carol, your toilet is probably the SeaLand, made by Dometic. You might give them a call about the toilet. Ours had a problem, I called, they sent me a new spring pack and seals and that fixed the problem. It's not the same problem as yours but you might try calling them direct since you're still in warranty. If I recall, the number is in the manual.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote