Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2016, 10:27 AM   #1
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
GM 4G LTE Hot Spot Use

With the new truck came the much talked about 4GLTE hot spot. I bought the truck in October and the camping season was over. We are driving it occasionally but have not found a need for use of the hot spot. We have it activated and used it very little. The free 3GB went mostly unused. I am on a 1 GB plan @ $15 per month but again, have no use for it as we are not camping and will not be until probably April. Use would probably be April until October but the $15 per month is a waste of money. They do have a 10 GB plan I can purchase for 1 year of anytime us. I am not sure where to go with this one. I thought about trying it for 1 year and then evaluate the results. We do have Sprint service with hot spot on the phones. The only place that we have not found service is in Ocean City MD. We do have a tablet that relies on an wi-fi internet connection. We have the Good Sam GPS that apparently would use the connection for updates on traffic conditions but have not used this yet.

I would appreciate hearing from those of you who have this in their truck. Are you using it and how?