Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2005, 12:31 AM   #1
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Hello Everyone

Hi. We are Alfa owners, but think we are going to buy a Montana. We were just about to buy a Montana 2955RL when we saw the floor plan of the new 3000RK. The dealer doesn't yet have one in stock yet but expects to get one in the next few days, so we are holding off for the moment. We are also considering a Cardinal 30TS, but right now that is in third place.
We read about this forum on the Open Roads forum and hear its a wealth of information. We are looking forward to joining the group and learning about Montanas in general, and the models we are considering in particular.
Bob and Jan

bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:50 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Well howdy,

I don't blame you for looking at the 3000. It looks like it might be a honey. You got it right when you said this site has a wealth of info, but not just info, good info and rich friendships develop. Occationally, one of us gets a little cranky. But that might be expected now and then. Mostly you will find good, helpful, creative, warm and friendly folk here. Welcome to the forum and the Montana family. Happy RVing and a successful search for that new rig.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:52 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Hi Bob and Jan and welcome to the MOC family.

The 3000RK is a beautiful unit and is going to become one of Montana's biggest sellers.
I see you are from northern Florida. My suggestion would be to wait until mid-January before you make any kind of a commitment. Come down to Tampa for the big RV show where you can see all the manufacturers and all the models and you will get the best deals. AND on Friday afternoon at the Montana booth will be a sort of Mini MOCers rally. For additional info check out the 2006 Florida RV SuperShow for more info.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 01:39 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Welcome to the forum. I think that Keystone has a winner in the new 3000 and it will be worthy of a wait-and-see. Meanwhile, learn all you can from the forum and you'll feel a lot better about whatever decision you make. This is a great group.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:19 AM   #5
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Bob and Jan, welcome to the forum! MOC is indeed a good place to find information about Montanas, so be sure to ask questions as you will most likely get answers, but Stiles is also correct. This is a wonderful community where people also have a good deal of fun!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 03:58 AM   #6
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Bob and Jan,

Welcome to the MOC. Good luck in your selection. This is the place to be if you want to learn about Montanas. There are some really sharp people here with great ideas to make camping more enjoyable. I have learned so much here.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:49 AM   #7
Dano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4721
Hey Bob, We have the 3000RK and we just love it. I enjoy the counter space.(we love to cook) We love the layout and every thing about it. We've been puting it to test, It's parked down at the lake on our property with water and power hooked up and been living in it for the past two months. Were working on the house.(new tile floors,counter tops,paint,carpet,ac.,heat,)Not full timers yet, but staying in it"s been just great! If you have any questions just ask. This site can be very helpfull and you get to talk to alot of fine folks that can answer just about any problems you might have. So welcome to the group.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:01 AM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Welcome to the forum. You are on the right track in looking at the Montanas. Plus you will become part of a really great group of people. Besides all the help and laughs you get here on the MOC, you will have the opportunity to meet some really great people. Good luck in your search.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:09 AM   #9
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Bob and Gay, welcome to the MOC forum. You are correct in saying that this forum has a wealth of information. I also joined the forum when I was looking for my 5th wheel. The MOC members were great in helping me with my questions. Now that I have been a member and a owner of a Montana 5th wheel for two years I really know that I made the right decision. Good luck in making the choice that is right for your needs.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:20 AM   #10
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Definitely a great place for great "I'm glad someone else experienced that before I did!" info. Very positive place, relative to some other forums. Welcome.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:15 AM   #11
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Bob and Gay,

Welcome and enjoy!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:27 PM   #12
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Welcome Bobgay to the Moc we are so glad that you joined and look forward to seeing your post and hearing about all your great adventures. I have not seen this unit but know that you will love it. Happy RVing
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:55 PM   #13
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
You can't go wrong being part of this group or owning a Montana. We have the 2955RL and saw the floor plan for the 3000. The only thing that would stop us on that model is that you cannot get to anything when the slides are in. In the 2955, we have access to everything we need.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:30 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome, Bob and Jan!

You will probably find we are very good in this forum about talking about our problems and helping each other solve them. We are not so good about talking about all the good things. But it's the good things about Montanas that are the reason why we are on our second Montana, and if there's another fifthwheel in the future it likely will be another Montana. And Keystone has treated us very well. They take good care of their customers, within reason, of course.

Don't hesitate to ask questions. There are no dumb questions here. We now have personally met well over a hundred couples from this forum and have made some very good friends. In fact, on our way to South Texas in a couple of weeks we're visiting with several on our overnight stops.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 02:18 PM   #15
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
Welcome Bob and Jan. We looked and looked (did not know the MOC existed). We also looked at the Cardinal and the Ceder Creek. We liked all three. The Ceder Creek had a problem with the way the family room TV was installed. I could not get around this problem. After looking at the Montana's, we settled on the 2955RL. It was my wife's choice and I had to agree. We got it in September and have only had it out (3) short times but have really enjoyed. Can't wait for warmer weather up north so we can get back on the road again. I wish I had known about this MOC forum before we bought. It would have answered a lot of our questions. Like Glenn said, wait until the RV Show in Tampa in January. I think it will be worth your time and money. Lots of luck, and hope to see you at the RV show.
Have a Good Day Richard and Nell
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 03:29 PM   #16
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Welcome Bob & Jan to the MOC Forum, smart to do all your paperwork first as we did, we got our Montie 2980RL 2 years ago now, and we would do it all over again. I'm not saying I didn't have a few MINOR problems, and most of us did, but mine and most of the other members got them fixed by either Keystone or the dealer we purchased them from. and as for information (You are in the encyclopeda of Montana) HA HA. If you can't find it somebody out there will for you.
Good luck on your decision. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:03 AM   #17
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Thanks to everyone for the welcoming words. We've only been here a few days and have already learned a lot of helpful info from some very nice folks. Looks like we'll be heading down to the Tampa show next month. Hope to meet some of you down there.
Bob
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:52 PM   #18
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Welcome Bob and Jan to the forum. I have seen the 3000 like the floor plan.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:50 AM   #19
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Bob and Jan, we have a 3380 Montana and cannot access the kitchen when our slides are closed. But we have the ability to open only one slide at a time, which we use when we're traveling. By opening our dining room slide only 12 inches or so (it sticks out less than the steps) we have access to everything. We can even open this one slide at a rest area without bothering anyone. So don't be deterred by not being able to get to the kitchen with the slides closed. Consider how easy the access would be by opening a slide a little bit.

I just checked out the 3000 floorplan, thanks to Glenn's link on another thread. You'll be able to open the DR/LR slide just a few inches and have full access to everything.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:15 AM   #20
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I agree with Judy. Our 3400 is the same way - we can get to the frig but that is all. Most of your time is going to be spent parked with slides out. A small percentage of time is on the road. So choose the plan you like when parked. When traveling besides opening the one slide a little you can also plan for lunches and snacks ahead of time. We keep bread, chips, paper plates, napkins, plastic cups and silverware in the laundry cupboard so we can have lunch at rest stops. Enjoy the search for that perfect Montana!
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote