Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2006, 07:58 AM   #1
CampingCrazyShirley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6271
Does anyone know how long it takes to build?

Just heard from the dealer, and the off-line date for our new coach is 10/30. We made a couple mods after the order was sent it so it may have delayed it a couple weeks. Although, we ordered it on 9/13 and it's due to be off line 10/30...doesn't seem too bad. Was just curious if anyone knew how long it actually takes them to make a unit from start to finish. Wonder if it's like a car assembly? Oh, we have the 3500RL ordered. Thanks!

CampingCrazyShirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:36 AM   #2
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Craig and Shirley, we ordered a 3400RL, the order went in on 28 August. I received a call from the dealer that said it was coming off the line on 29 September and should be here the first week in October. Someone told me that they only take about a day and a half to make. Pete
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:22 AM   #3
Bluegill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6121

Hey Craig and Shirley, We ordered our 3400RL about the same time and was told November 1 for our date.
Not sure if that date is "Date of Completion" or "Date of Delivery"
I'm sorta thinking completion.

But, in reference to your original question...
I aint gotta clue..
Keepin it real.

James
Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:46 AM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
12-18 hrs of assembly from the Lippert frame being pulled into the plant, until it is ready to be picked up by the dealership's hauler. Unless something unusual pops up.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:28 PM   #5
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
We were just at the Factory tour in Goshen. I believe the tour guy said they were currently about 8 to 10 weeks out on orders. Once your order comes up it goes out the door usually the same day the stripped down frame came in to station one. The stations move every 15 minutes and they push about 22 a day off the end of the assembly line. It really gave me a new impression about the how great the quality really is based upon the speed in which it is assembled.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:38 PM   #6
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Too long, if you're waiting, just like me waiting for my new TV.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:23 PM   #7
CampingCrazyShirley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6271
Wow! Hard to believe they can get one of these complete in a day! Just thinking of everything that goes into them is amazing! Hey Blue, I bet ours will be coming off together, as we're looking at close to the same date as you guys!
Old 09-25-2006, 02:56 PM   #8
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
8 weeks exactly from the day I ordered until the day it arrived at the dealership. I kept it at the dealer for another week after it arrive to conduct a pre-PDI which took several days, and got some aftermarket installs. I only took it home after I was completely satisfied. I know they were glad for me to finally take it home Haven't had one problem yet...knock on wood...knock knock
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 03:33 PM   #9
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Our 2007 3400RL was seven weeks exactly from order date until it arrived at the dealer's.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 03:44 PM   #10
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
From order date to pick up at my dealership took a total of 7 weeks.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:30 PM   #11
Bluegill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6121
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CampingCrazyShirley

Wow! Hard to believe they can get one of these complete in a day! Just thinking of everything that goes into them is amazing! Hey Blue, I bet ours will be coming off together, as we're looking at close to the same date as you guys!
Hey Craig, They will be twins !!
I will check the VIN # when it comes in and we can see how close they are.

Blue
Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:08 AM   #12
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
I received the VIN# for mine, it will be completed tomorrow. I should have it by the middle of next week according to team Montana.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:17 AM   #13
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CampingCrazyShirley

Well Shirley that's one of the major pluses of the recent rally. The plant tour takes you from the bare frame at one end of the building to the completed unit at the other end of the same building with many many stations in between. Each station has 15 minutes to complete their portion of the assembly. I should also mention that these rigs are manually pushed sideways on dollies. It takes just 4 men to push them from one station to the next.

Come January/Feburary I will also be joining the waiting list as I order my new Monty.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:14 AM   #14
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
I was going to ask this ? myself earlier when I saw this post. Last night, I was looking at the plate on the Monty that shows the VIN# and other information including the date and was wondering if it was actually totally put together in one day. Our date said 08-23-05. Which was a Tuesday and I've always been told never to buy anything built on a Monday or a Friday, so maybe that's one reason we haven't had any major problems!? Anyway, now we know when our Monty's Birthday is!! We'll have to have a belated B-Day party this weekend!
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:27 PM   #15
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
The assembly line is a continuous operation and yes yours was built in one day but if it hadn't reached the end of the line today it was one of the first completed the next working day.
Now consider this.. As yours was dated on a Tuesday that is the date of completion but what if they only got it 1/2 done on Monday and finished it Tuesday is there only going to be half a$$ed problems?

And what about a unit that was say 1/2 way through the line at quiting time Friday, and seeing as how they do not work Saturday or Sunday, it would have been finished on Monday. Ya think that one could be a lemon or what.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:35 PM   #16
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
According to my placard, the unit was made on 3/15/06 (Wednesday)....so that explains why I haven't had any problems with mine either I figure someone goes through and inspect the whole unit afterwards or something because it was about 2 weeks after this date that the dealer picked it up. Or it could have been just sitting up until the dealer decided to pick it up
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:42 AM   #17
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
Some problems should be shook out on delivery. Depending where you live, it could take one to three days on the road to deliver. Everyone knows how good some of the roads are. Some dealers do a better job of delivery inspection, maybe two hours. Another dealer may take 15 minutes. Ask to see the delivery inspection sheet,the dealer should have a copy. If they had any problems when the unit was delivered, it will be listed on this sheet. The dealer gets money from the manufacture to repair problems listed on this sheet. This will let you know if their was a problem with the unit before you took delivery.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:03 AM   #18
CampingCrazyShirley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6271
Ok-I'm screwed...my off line date is supposed to be 10/30 or 10/31...etiher way, it could be really bad! What if it was half done on Friday and finished on Monday or half done on Monday and finished on Tuesday! YIKES
Old 09-30-2006, 02:11 AM   #19
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Glenn - that Fri/Mon one must be the one that gruffy guy on the other forum got !!
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:47 AM   #20
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by VanMan

Glenn - that Fri/Mon one must be the one that gruffy guy on the other forum got !!
IMHO he got one that was started late Wednesday afternoon before Thanksgiving and didn't get finished till the following Monday afternoon.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote