Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2003, 02:18 AM   #1
Montana_491

M.O.C. #491
Cover for TT. Resuts

My wife and I bought our new TT in Nov. 2002. We knew we weren't going to use it much in 2003 because we retire in July 2004 but the price was great and to tell the truth we fell in love with it. One of the problems that worried me the most was keeping it looking new in storage. I called Montana and they advised me not to put a cover on it and just wash it frequently. Easier said than done. I travel a lot and to top it off broke my ankle last July. By Oct. the TT was looking pretty shabby. It was covered in streaks, the front had sun spots and the plastic parts were starting to look yellow.

I live in So. Ca. and on Oct. 24th I had the trailer professionally cleaned and waxed. This was the day before the fires in California. I went to Camping World to buy a cover for the TT but they didn't have any for a 35' TT so I bought a Class A SFS Aquashed 37'-40.' The extra length permits me to cover the hitch as well. It has straps and buckles on the bottom to tie it down and the top panel beads water. It also has the added feature of 2 zipper panels on the sides which permits you to get inside without having to remove the cover. Price was $339.00. Yesterday I went to check it out and was very happy with the results. Even after the fires which created a lot of soot and the rains that followed the top was clean and showed no signs of water spots or streaking on the sides.

2003 Mountaneer 335RLBS
2000 Excursion LTD V-10
4.30 gears, K&N System

Montana_491 is offline   Reply With Quote