Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2005, 06:32 AM   #21
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
We had to go through Jan's mom's house when she passed away. She saved everything! some was easy to get rid of but other things were not, at least there were five kids to divide stuff to. you are right what seems like junk to you somebody wants. you know those aluminum tumblers that everybody had when we were growing up(I thnk they came free in soap), well all of us HATED those things and 3 of the grandsons wanted them, we know we have to start going through stuff too, but i keep saying that is for when I retire.

jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:22 AM   #22
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Those tumblers are a hot items for the next generation who wants the retro look. What goes around, comes around. Bell bottoms will be/are coming back, too.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:47 PM   #23
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
We, too, spent about a year getting ready to fulltime. When I started cleaning out the cupboards and closets it was liberating. We had 2 big garage sales during a block sale and sold almost everything we put out. Bob need to keep some things so we rented a storage space for about 3 years. Went back to California to get rid of it and he couldn't remember why he thought it was all important. We did keep some irreplacable items which we have stored in my aunt's basement in Oklahoma. I love living in the Monty. It is managable and makes me feel like life is an adventure every day.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 05:52 AM   #24
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I thought it would be so hard until we realized that it was just stuff. The memories will always be with us. We even went so far asw to taking pictures of our pictures and putting them on cds so we do not have to have 50+ albums. Works great. We still kept too much. We are going to get weighed today and then downsize some more.
we close on our house tomorrow and will be on the road Saturday a.m.
Bill and Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote