Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2004, 03:18 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Best fulltiming RV insurance

Us greenhorns need lots of help. I will have an immediate need for Insurance to cover my 3670RL and satisfy the note. Like the Montana is "the best bang for the RV buck," I am looking for the best insurance bang for the buck. Since we cannot transition into fulltiming for more than six months, would it be better to insure for casual use and then upgrade when we actually go fulltime? If some of you have already researched all this, I want to pick you brain rather than re-invent the wheel. Thank you in advance for your kind help.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 06:54 AM   #2
w4nfr
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #646
We used Progressive for the part-time RV insurance, but changed to FOREMOST when we went to full timing. They have a number of options, but you may want to consider the Full Coverage for Full Timers. They have actual replacement coverage for the rig and you can insure your contents for their actual value for an extra fee. They seem to be a good company and you can look then up on the Internet to find out more...
w4nfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:23 AM   #3
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
What I learned about Full time Insurance was that it varies from state to state and company to company. I know people who live in states outside of my own who pay very low premiums with companies like Progressive and Foremost but for a FL full timer they were very high. My advice would be to call around and ask. I know it seems like you are re-inventing the wheel, but Insurer's take so much more into consideration when insuring for full time now. They even check you credit report. So that can make a difference too. As well as you age, driving record et. So it really does come down to the individual they are insuring an not a set price for full time insurance.

I would not pay for full time insurance until I needed it. I went with GMAC because it was the best rate in FL for full replacement. I have LadyRam and Miss Montana both insured with GMAC and pay $750 every six months with full emergency tow and road service included on both.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote