Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Mid-Atlantic-Virginia Region
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2004, 08:53 AM   #41
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Thanks Bill for bring this post back to the top.
I've been forgeting to pop in here and find out if anyone has finalized a date and place for this rally. Being it is a spring rally it would be one of our first stops on our way north. As Lorraine will be doing income tax work the earliest we can leave Florida would be the 3rd week in April and we would like to make a few stops between Florida and Virginia. Hopefully the scheduling of the Virginia Rally will fit into our plans.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 10:24 AM   #42
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bill n Pat, we've been to Mountain View at Haymarket a number of times with our granddaughters. They dearly love the white sand beach and lake there. We were there the end of August this year. We'd recommend the park, also. BUT, their only internet access is a grudging allowance to use their office phone. They do provide it upon request but you'd want to get email and get off. Your laptop will be on their countertop and if they need to run a credit card they'll ask you to get off. We still like the park, though.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 12:44 PM   #43
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Well, I must apologize for not having more "posts" on here lately concerning our "Virginia MOC Rally", but seems like this holiday period has been a busy one to say the least. Also, we were able to get a few more camping trips completed before I had to winterize our "Monty" last week, however, I haven't forgotten about trying to organize a "Virginia Spring Rally". From all the feedback I've received it seems most responses are in favor of the Shenandoah Valley area sometime in late April or mid May. Since Virginia in still known to have sudden snowstorms in late April, it seems mid May would be a better time frame for everyone.
Well, here's a date and location to consider and think about and get back to me with some firm confirmations as to whether you can be there. I have contacted "Walnut Hills Campground" and they have instructed me to notify them in Jan with an approximate number of rigs in attendance, however, each rally attendee will have to make their own reservations directly with the campground. They will want a list of attendees from me to help at check-in time. I figure with a Wednesday arrival and a Sunday departure would give us 3 full days of a good rally.

"Local Virginia Rally"
Dates: Wed; May 18 to May 22, 2005

Area attractions: May 21 & 22 will have the Civil War Reenactment of "The Battle of Newmarket, VA", where many students from "VPI" in Lexington, VA, lost their lives in this battle 141 years ago. "Frontier Culture Museum" (our cultural roots and farm life), "Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library", "Newmarket Civil War Battlefield", numerous caverns to explore and visit, example;("Luray, Endless,Skyline, Grand, Shenandoah, Natural Bridge").
Also, a drive along the beautiful "Skyline Drive" is a short distance as is a drive to "Natural Bridge, VA" along with all the hisory and beauty of the "Shenandoah Valley of Virginia". There are also many numerous historic sites and great places to shop for antiques in the Valley.

Okay all of you MOC's, no matter where you're from, if you are interested in having a Virginia Rally, please let me have some feed-back concerning this.
I need to have some type of numbers during the first week of Jan. of who may be coming so I can contact the campground with a preliminary count.
Most attractions that I have "quotes" around have a web site that you can visit with a little web surfing.
You can also visit the campground site at the following: http://www.walnuthillscampground.com/
Regards,
Marshall
On The Road Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 01:34 PM   #44
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Marshall and Rosemary, I hope you don't mind if I add a couple of close-by attractions, as well. In Lexington, Stonewall Jackson's home, his burial site and statue in the cemetery, VMI (Virginia Military Institute) and the next-door Washington and Lee College. The College is the burial place of Robert E. Lee and many of his family, and also Traveler, his horse. And the architecture of the old homes and downtown Lexington is beautiful. Really a beautiful area.

Monticello is maybe 30 miles east of Walnut Hills (I think that mileage is about right). Numerous other historical sites in the area.

If anyone wants to get an idea of what's around there, and see a few pictures of Walnut Hills, click on the link in my signature, then on '2003 postcards', then scroll down. The area is covered in postcards starting August 18, 2003, through September 4, 2003.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 02:35 PM   #45
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Thanks Steve, we sure don't mind you adding any other attractions in the area. I know there are many, many more, but it seemed like my "post" was getting longer and longer, so I tried to limit them.
You're right about "Monticello", it's truly a beautiful place to visit and it's only 38 miles from Staunton. Also, Lexington has so much interesting history.
Again, thanks for your input.
Marshall
Old 12-15-2004, 01:02 AM   #46
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Rosemary and Marshall,
We are definetly ready to attend your rally. We've had an awful last couple of weeks. Having no heat for 5 days was no picnic. Before that someone lifted $120 from my purse in Walmart.
Since we don't know the area, we trust you to pick out a campground. All we want is warm weather .

Carol and Chuck
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 02:34 AM   #47
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Marshall and Rosemary
We also plan on attending the Virginia Rally. I kept a copy of the dates. May is better for us.
Ken and Velda Taylor
Dahlgren Va.
2003 3655FL Montana (soon to be replaced by 2005 3475 Montana)/Ford 350 Diesel
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by On The Road Again

Well, I must apologize for not having more "posts" on here lately concerning our "Virginia MOC Rally", but seems like this holiday period has been a busy one to say the least. Also, we were able to get a few more camping trips completed before I had to winterize our "Monty" last week, however, I haven't forgotten about trying to organize a "Virginia Spring Rally". From all the feedback I've received it seems most responses are in favor of the Shenandoah Valley area sometime in late April or mid May. Since Virginia in still known to have sudden snowstorms in late April, it seems mid May would be a better time frame for everyone.
Well, here's a date and location to consider and think about and get back to me with some firm confirmations as to whether you can be there. I have contacted "Walnut Hills Campground" and they have instructed me to notify them in Jan with an approximate number of rigs in attendance, however, each rally attendee will have to make their own reservations directly with the campground. They will want a list of attendees from me to help at check-in time. I figure with a Wednesday arrival and a Sunday departure would give us 3 full days of a good rally.

"Local Virginia Rally"

Area attractions: May 21 & 22 will have the Civil War Reenactment of "The Battle of Newmarket, VA", where many students from "VPI" in Lexington, VA, lost their lives in this battle 141 years ago. "Frontier Culture Museum" (our cultural roots and farm life), "Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library", "Newmarket Civil War Battlefield", numerous caverns to explore and visit, example;("Luray, Endless,Skyline, Grand, Shenandoah, Natural Bridge").
Also, a drive along the beautiful "Skyline Drive" is a short distance as is a drive to "Natural Bridge, VA" along with all the hisory and beauty of the "Shenandoah Valley of Virginia". There are also many numerous historic sites and great places to shop for antiques in the Valley.

Okay all of you MOC's, no matter where you're from, if you are interested in having a Virginia Rally, please let me have some feed-back concerning this.
I need to have some type of numbers during the first week of Jan. of who may be coming so I can contact the campground with a preliminary count.
Most attractions that I have "quotes" around have a web site that you can visit with a little web surfing.
You can also visit the campground site at the following: http://www.walnuthillscampground.com/
Regards,
Marshall
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 02:39 AM   #48
Montana_1235
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1235
May is a good time for the rally. Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley is one of the most beautiful places to be at that time of the year. Unfortunately we will be on a 9 day Caribbean Cruise from May 13 to 21.

Bill
Montana_1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 04:18 AM   #49
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Marshall and Rosemary
I just checked the dates and it conflicts with the Virginia State Good Sam Samboree at Urbania Va. We won't be able to make it afterall. Any other dates would have been fine. These dates may also be a conflict with other Virginia MOC members that are Good Sam members.
Ken and Velda Taylor
Dahlgren Va
2003 3655fl Montana/Ford F350 diesel
Quote:

"Local Virginia Rally"

Regards,
Marshall
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 05:10 AM   #50
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
May 18 to May 22 would work very well for us. As it would give us plenty of time to work our way up the coast. In fact it would be very much like last spring. We had left Florida on April 15th and got into the Shenandoah Valley in time to see the Civil War Reenactment. Last spring we had headed north through Northern Georgia, Tennessee and entering Virginia on I-81. This year we will be coming up the Atlantic coast and entering Virginia somewhere south of Richmond. We could than pick up I-64 to Staunton.

And if Steve's photos weren't enough to entice you to join this Virginia Rally than check out our photos from the Shenandoah Valley area ...
The Caverns
Shenandoah National Park
Natural Bridge
There also is a page with a few pics of American Celebration in Parade & the Civil War Reenactment.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:24 AM   #51
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
We might be able to attend your rally. It is hard to plan as we will only be getting home in late April. Will follow this thread though.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 05:21 PM   #52
Montana_2202

M.O.C. #2202
Quote:
"Local Virginia Rally"
Ok... count us in on this rally... will make reservations this weekend for the May rally.
If there should be changes I trust they will be posted here!!??

Looking forward to the experience......
Montana_2202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 12:30 AM   #53
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Well, I know this is a busy time of year for all of us MOC's, however, I just want to send this reminder that if you plan on attending our Virginia MOC Spring Rally May 18 to 22nd, I would appreciate your letting me know sometime soon. I need to notify the campground in early Jan of a number of attendees.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
Marshall & Rosemary
Old 12-19-2004, 01:13 AM   #54
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Marshall & Rosemary,
These dates would be near perfect for us so put us down on your list.

Old 12-19-2004, 01:26 AM   #55
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Thanks Glenn, I already had you on our list from an earlier post, but thanks again for reminding me.
Merry Christmas.
Marshall & Rosemary
Old 01-11-2005, 01:50 AM   #56
Montana_993
Established Member

M.O.C. #993
Is it too late for us to join in this rally? Since the holidays and with work being busy we are only now getting back to reading the threads on what is going on in the MOC - we will try to read back through and find out specifics - do we make our own reservations? Let me know if there is anything else that we need to do other than "sign-up".

Thanks,
Dennis & Tammy
Montana_993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:46 AM   #57
Montana_1258

M.O.C. #1258
Sounds like something we could do also. Put us down for now. We will mark the calendar. Ready to get on the move again....
Montana_1258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 05:54 AM   #58
Montana_1722

M.O.C. #1722
We will make it on May 20-22. I went ahead and made a reservation. I can convert to a MOC Rally reservation when available.

Thanks!
Montana_1722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 12:21 PM   #59
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Hello to all:
Well, our 1st Virginia MOC Rally is now scheduled for May 18 (Wed) to May 22 (Sun), 2005, at Walnut Hills Campground (TL Rated 9/9*/9) in Staunton, VA. If you are unable to attend all of these dates just notify the campground which dates you'll be attending when you make your reservations.

At the present we have nine (9) members who have replied to me or this forum that they would be in attendance. I have notified the campground that we may need 12 sites in case there may be some who will still decide to come. If we need more than 12 sites I will have to notify the campground so they can make proper arrangemants. If your name is not on the below list, you MUST notify me if you plan on attending in addition to making your reservation with the campground.
The following members have notified me by either e-mail or our forum that they would be in attendance:

Chuck & Carol, Glenn & Lorraine, Bill & Ann, Bill & Gail, Art & Nancy, Dennis & Tammy, Becky & Dave, Marshall & Rosemary, and the Gramer's.
Since I don't have last names I used your first names only.
Also, if I have inadverently left your name off of this list, and you plan to attend, please notify me as soon as possible so you can added on.

You must make your own reservations in your name with the campground (1-800-699-2568) with a $35 deposit and be sure to tell them you are with the MOC (Montana Owners Club) Rally. They will send you an e-mail with your confirmation number and instructions for their rules and cancellations...please be sure to read this.
Their rate will be around $30 (full hook-up w/ cable TV)with a discount for either Good Sam or a club discount.
I would suggest you view their web site which is as follows: http://www.walnuthillscampground.com/

If there are any other MOC members interested in attending please let me know as soon as possible so I can notify the campground. Remember, I need to have a "rig" count for their office.

I do hope this is helpful and we look forward to seeing all of you and having a great time in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Any qestions and/or comments please e-mail me or this forum.
Since there will be so much to see and visit in this area there is nothing special planned at this time other than just camping together. Any social time together can be planned when we get there.
Sincerely,
Marshall & Rosemary
Old 01-20-2005, 12:42 AM   #60
Montana_801

M.O.C. #801
Been off the list for a while, but the MOC rally in the spring in VA sounds like a great idea.
Montana_801 is offline   Reply With Quote