Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2003, 05:17 PM   #1
Montana_203
Established Member

M.O.C. #203
Checking out My Montana (3255RL)

Well I had to do a lot the hard way. There was no way to tell where the outside CATV connector came out in the trailer so I traced mine with a sniffer. It is located on the left rear of the trailer beside the telephone inlet jack.

The CATV cable goes back into the bedroom behind the 12VDC outlet/catv hook-up plate to the amplifier. The input from the antenna on top also goes to the same place. There is also a cable that goes from there to the main TV outlet in the living area.

My amplifier has 3 connectors on it. One is for the antenna on top of the trailer, another for the "2nd set"(the one in the LR) and another connector for "cable". That 's where I hooked the cable from the outside to. Of course the TV in the bedroom hooks to the front connector on this amplifier.

Now to use the TV antenna on top of the trailer, I just turn on the amplifier and both TV's are powered. To use the cable input(or satellite) I turn off the amplifier and now it feed the cable to the main TV and/or the bedroom TV.

Tomorrow or the next day I will set up my tripod and check out the satellite hookup to be sure I am correct in that it will switch with the amplifier switch.

While checking out everything I removed one of the main speakers to see about installing switches on the 3 different sets of speakers. It's a piece of cake. All the speaker wiring is right there. I went to Radio shack and got 3 double poll single throw rocker type switches and now have the LR speakers on one switch, the main speakers on another switch and the bedroom speakers on a third switch. I can operate them now in any combination.

I am still having trouble figuring out the switch in the ceiling between the ceiling fan and the AC. It turns off the AC when it is on so I believe it is there in case the 2nd AC is installed in the BR and to give an opportunity to turn off the main AC if you just want to use the BR AC. Since there is only one main switch and one thermostat, this seems to make sense to me.

Finally found the doorbell and the AC switch for the water heater.

Now if May 8th would just get here so we can head to Dewdrop campground in the alleghenies for the summer. We're ready...

"Have Trailer—will travel"
1999 Montana 3255RL
1999 Dodge 1-Ton Dually w/Cummins 5.9TD

Montana_203 is offline   Reply With Quote