Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2005, 01:04 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
When "H" freezes over????

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:31 PM   #2
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Glenn---think that has to be here in Michigan .
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:45 PM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
I agree, Michigan!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:19 PM   #4
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Where ever it is I don't believe it is Hot. LOL
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:32 PM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Linda, there actually is a town named Hell in Michigan, NO JOKE!! It is in Livingston County. They have been known to do weather forecasts and stories out there when it is really really cold! Small little place, me thinks you would need a "special" sense of humor to live there and have that be your mailing address!>G>G>G

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 12:38 AM   #6
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Gee! I did not know that I will have to see if I can find it on the map. Thanks for the info.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 12:52 AM   #7
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Here is something else on the subject.....

Eric

--------------

FYI

The following is supposedly an actual question given on a University of Washington, St. Louis, chemistry mid-term. The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following: First, we need to know how themass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today.

Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their
religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these
religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand
proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until allHell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in
Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, " it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.

The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct...leaving only Heaven thereby proving the existence of a Divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A"
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 02:02 AM   #8
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
We'd give him an "A" as well.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote