Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Finally a break

Finally a break from the heat. We left Texas to escape the heat, moving north toward Nova Scotia. The heat seemed to follow us. The last 3 days on Prince Edward Isle and in Nova Scotia have been great. Both weather and landscape has been a real joy to experience.

Pristinely manicured farms and homesteads of Prince Edward Isle were delightful. Crops of hay, oats, barley and potatoes from horizon to horizon and hillside to hillside. While there we visited The Green Gables of Anne of Green Gables and enjoyed a well acted stage production of Anne.

We visited Halifax, Nova Scotia, on a Holiday weekend with lots of boardwalk entertainment and good eats along the sea shore. Tall sailing ships were booking passengers for a trip on the bay. A stiff breeze and a cotton ball sky made it inviting, but alas, time ran out.

Stepping back into the past at Peggy's Cove with its photogenic lighthouse and quaint fishing village gave opportunities for postcard quality snapshots. Spicy gingerbread and soft serve ice cream were the order of the day.

With temperatures in the 100's in Central Texas, I am glad to be in Canada.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:26 PM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Oh thanks so much for telling us about this area. Several of us plan to travel there next summer so we will be watching closely. Keep us informed.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:43 PM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I am soooooo jealous, stuck at the stick house, central WV heat index tomorrow of 110, gotta work, then class (don't mind that part though), then back home to dream of next Montana voyage. Be sure to have a little extra fun and enjoyment to offset my jealousy and definitely keep us informed.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:50 AM   #4
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Welcome to Canada Stiles. Maybe someday, with people like yourself selling our country, MOC might even having a rally up here without thinking they are heading to the boonies.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:23 AM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I'm jealous also. Anne was one of my favorite books when a child and my daughter and granddaughter fell in love with her also.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote