Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2007, 07:52 AM   #1
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
Dealer Network

We just purchased a 3400RL. The dealer closest to us who we did not buy from because of a rude salesman refuses to do warranty work because it was purchased elsewhere. There should be a way to get your dealers to play nice after all they are a representative of your brand and the interface to the customer. I will have to look at other brands next time because I will not do business with the local dealer and I feel local support is important!

mtpocket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:10 PM   #2
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Well mtpocket2 if you didn't buy from him and he won't service it ,, maybe you are better off as the bad blood between both you and the dealer i would never go back to him. how could you trust what he did was rite or if he charged you for something is it fair or is he cheating you ... i have had service done in 3 dif shops so far but the one i realy didn't trust turned out good but i hated to go there but craig at montana told me to go see him and craig told him what he wanted done and it was done rite ,, i even ended up having him do some service for me on other items but get on the web and get a dif dealer or call montana and ask them who to take it to john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:31 AM   #3
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
You are right. I would not trust them again. I would always wonder if they did something just to prove a point. I had thought the techs probably didn’t care but one of the people who refused was a tech. He had always done good work in the past. The purchasing dealer is only two hours away. Just have to live with it. I can drive a few hours a year to save thousands. All you can do is warn people about the dealership. With that attitude they won’t be around long. You have heard the saying you tell 10 times as many people about a bad experience and 1 hears about the good. I plan on telling hundreads.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:13 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
You will see signs in MANY dealerships that state, if you did not buy it here you will get serviced AFTER our good buying customers, or statements akin to that. Seems to be fairly widespread in the industry. Does that make it right??

Personally, never understood it, as these things DO come with WHEELS! Are we supposed to stay within driving distance of our selling dealer all year long the rest of our ownership years? How SILLY is this?? Major Silly!

You know, Murphy of RVers, drive it 100 miles from your dealer, NO problemo. Drive it 1900 miles from your dealer, Murphy is GONNA get cha! Just watch!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:37 AM   #5
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
I can understand bottom of the list. I can understand wanting to take care of their customers first. If I were one of their customers I can understand being delayed because someone was passing thru on vacation and had a problem. What I cannot understand is their refusal to work on it at anytime because it was purchased somewhere else. We even offered to leave it there a week. Not a good way to earn business and a poor reflection on Keystone's dealer network. Seems Keystone would want people with such a poor customer service attitude to go away. I am sure other Keystone dealers in the area would be happy to pick up the Montana line.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:46 AM   #6
Eagle Man
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7430
It does not make sense to me for that dealer to turn down perfectly good business. He's going to get paid regardless of where the trailer was purchased. All he is doing is making people mad, which, in the long run, will hurt his business.
Eagle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Most dealers do not like to do warranty work because it is a hassle to them. They have to deal with the manufacturer and the warranty work is usually a flate rate job. The manufacturer sets a price for the job and that is it..in short the dealer does not make as much money on the warranty work. They figure they will do it for their customers because they may buy again from them but if I live 1500 miles away there is little chance of that. IMO a lot of the fault lies with the manufacturers.It the manufactureres paid the dealers going rate for warranty work there would not be a problem..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote