Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2006, 03:12 AM   #21
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
__________________________________________________ _____________
I am confused, I thought the electric was included in the day rate for the space. Could someone please explain the CG rates to me. I was advised to get electric heaters as the parks do not charge extra for electric. Sory, I am new at this....
__________________________________________________ ____________

Day rates 40 bucks a night, use all the electric you want. Dec 31 days at 40 smakers.

Monthly rate 400.00 for the same 31 days, but I pay for the elec. That is the difference.

FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:28 AM   #22
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We are at an Escapee park in Florida. Our monthly rate is $221.00 plus $.12 PER KWH. Depending on how much we run the air conditioner it should be between $70 and $100 per month. That is a real good rate for Florida. So good that we are going to stay here at least two months.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:43 AM   #23
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I see, So the difference is how long you are going to stay? I can see there is an advantage to the monthly rate + elec. Do all parks offer monthly long term rates or is just a crap shoot?

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:24 AM   #24
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
Most parks do offer weekly and monthly rates. The ones that dont, such as a tourist town, LA, NYC, MIAMI, etc, only take advantage of the location by charging daily only. Some you will find require a three day stay on some holidays. Such as Bike Week in Fla, FIVE day stay required, or shall we say FIVE day pay required, regardless if you only stay one day. It is called gouging in the real world, and smart business in the rv world. Imagine that. Most weekly rates are actually the daily rate times six and the seventh is free. Monthly rates are the backbone of the park business , except for the tourist traps. Just imagine every rver only staying sat and sun , say 2 weekends a month and only during the camping season. Hard for a park owner to stay in business based on that kind of income, vs fulltimers or monthly rates 12 months of the year.
FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:20 AM   #25
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
We are currently staying at Golden Shore RV Park in downtown Long Beach CA. It's just 3 blocks from the convention center (did you watch the Eukanuba Dog Show?). Our monthly rate (winter) is $650 plus $30 for the dog (well worth it!) and we pay the electrical at $0.119/kwh plus a 10% City of Long Beach tax. It's interesting that the weekly rate is half the monthly rate, $325. For the summer, the monthly rate goes up to $1300, which is $43.33 per day, but the listed daily rate is anywhere from $50-$60 per night depending on the site. We will retire at the end of March and moving on, so we won't get hit with the higher summer rate.
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote