Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2006, 04:09 PM   #21
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I just wanted to bring this back as we have put money down on a lot at the Wilderness Park that Glenn mentioned abutting the Ocala National Forest. We have looked at several in Central Florida and this one is by far the best in our opinion. We got in under the wire of their third price increase. Thanks Glenn

Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:13 PM   #22
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Helen,
Congrats on your new site!!! I bet you guys must be very excited.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 02:24 AM   #23
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by adelmoll

I just wanted to bring this back as we have put money down on a lot at the Wilderness Park that Glenn mentioned abutting the Ocala National Forest. We have looked at several in Central Florida and this one is by far the best in our opinion. We got in under the wire of their third price increase. Thanks Glenn

Helen
Congrats Helen. I don't think you will be disappointed. From what I am being told buying in this CG is a great investment as they are working on some future improvements that will only increase the value of the sites.
There are at least 3 residents here at Avalon that bought sites there. One has already moved up and the other 2 only plan on staying there in the summer months while keeping their Avalon site for the winter.
If we get in the area we will definitely have to stop in for a look see.

Again Congrats and Good Luck.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:45 AM   #24
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
We're staying at the Olde Mill Stream in Umatilla not far from Wilderness Park - we will have to check it out.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:26 AM   #25
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
I too have been searching to buy a RV lot in Florida.As you all know prices are all over the board.

A really nice 5 star resort is www.tgoresort.com

They have lots as I type,the lowest being $83,900.

with a monthly maintance fee of $155.

Another place I was looking at was Nature Coast Landings RV Resort.right now they have a really nice corner lot with a pretty good size storage shed with electric for 6o grand.

monthly maintance fee is $58.71

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:23 AM   #26
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
For those of you who are buying an RV site, are you allowed to "rent" your site to other folks when you are not using it?? If so, how does the monthly rent get divided up? Also, who keeps an eye on your place to make sure the folks who are renting it do not trash it? Just curious...
Old 12-30-2006, 01:16 PM   #27
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Dave, at the one we are buying, we can rent to whoever we want to or we can have the sales office rent it out. If they rent it out they take a big cut (25-40%) and they make sure nothing happens to it. If you rent it out yourself, you keep whatever you get. On the years that we want to go someplace else, we have many RV friends that will rent for the entire season. (Winter) This area is also very popular in the summer so it is possible that we could rent by the month to qualified people. There is not too much they can trash on a 40x90 lot and we will be very selective if we do rent it.

The area that we bought into has requirements as to what kind of RV you can put on the lot but they also allow you to put a park model on it. IF we ever get tired of traveling we can live in a park model that has a lot more room than the rv's. At our age we have to look at all angles.

This park is still in the beginning development stages so the prices are still quite reasonable. Prices start in the low 30K and go up. Until they get more of the common areas completed we only pay $45.00 for maintenance. It will go up to $89.00 when all the amenities are done.

The fact that we abut a National Forest and the Corp of Engineer is taking care of the river we are on was a big plus. Deer and black bear visit us quite often.

Can you tell that I am excited?

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:30 PM   #28
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Helen,
Thank you for the info... I have been looking into buying a lot or two as an investment and then renting them out throughout the year. I book marked your park and will be doing some research on it, also looking for a place in the Phoenix/Sun City area. By the time I retire in 30 years, these lots should be worth millions.... =)
Old 12-30-2006, 03:02 PM   #29
jsrang
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1726
Montana Sky,
That is exactly what we did. We liked it so well here in Central FL, at the AMERI-CANA Resort, that we bought 2 additional empty lots and rent them out. The going price for 5er or Motor Home is about $600 per month which includes water/sewage/cable & 30/50 Amp Service. Phone service is available, but renter pays. The monthly lot fees will be $115 in 2007, which includes water/sewage/cable/trash pick-up and lawn mowing (not elect or phone). The Park has 417 lots total with about 75-80% Park Models on them. The remainder are 5ers and Motor Homes. The going price for an empty lot is about $35K (if you can find one). We take care of the rentals ourselves, but the Park Office puts out a weekly listing of Rentals ans Sales and posts copies for distribution. Hope this helps.

Jim
jsrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:53 PM   #30
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Jim,
Thank you! I am getting pretty close to finally making a decision if I am going to jump into this. As I stated earlier I am looking at Central FL, AZ and possibly the Palm Springs, CA area to start with. Do you have any trouble renting out your other 2 sites throughout the year? I am not planning on staying on these sites as I want to recoup my capital as soon as possible to continue my long term growth plan. Ideally the sites would be rented all 12 months.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:12 PM   #31
jsrang
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1726
Montana Sky,
No trouble renting them out in our first year. But it has been only for 5 months during the "winter" months to folks from Canada. 5 months income pays for all of the expenses with some left over. 8-10 months rental would be really great! Renting out during the Winter is not a problem, as we received numerous inquiries. If it only works out to be 5 months rental that is OK too as we still have the appreciation, which has been about 30% in the 1 + year of ownership.

Jim
jsrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 04:28 PM   #32
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Jim,
30% the first year is great, better than I had calculated for. Thank you for the info, it is appreciated.