Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2006, 06:09 AM   #1
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
mobile internet.

I came across this on internet. It is a thinly disguised commercial, but has some interesting content with regard to mobile internet. I think it is probably a variation on the technology the Judy Denner is using.
http://rveducation101.com/videostrea...rnet_In_motion

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:32 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
John,
That was interesting. Watched the whole thing and still do not know what the product is! It would appear to be an external antenna / wireless router. So you would still need to have a way to connect to the internet.

We have used our aircard to connect while we're traveling down the road. We have the same problem with it as we do with the regular cell phone connection. As long as we're in a good connection area everything works well. It is sort of fun to be going down the road and log onto the internet. We've checked road conditions using this system.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:48 PM   #3
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I was so bored I stopped watching after he said here is how to install the device.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:03 PM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Hi Dennis,

I found the origin of the video on this site: http://www.internetinmotion.net/

I think it is essentially the same set up as Judy uses, but the router and "air card" are combined together in one box and packaged together with a special antanna system. The antenna may be the most interesting part. Antennas are a mystery to me, but the system they are using with two separate antennas (transmit and recieve?) is unlike anything I have seen before. You understand antennas much better because of your ham interests. They are claiming something like 20 to 30 mile range. They only provide the hardware to trasmit a mobile WiFi signal. You would have arrange for the cell service from Verizon or Sprint etc. Sounds like the same package as the one that Judy has with Verizon.

Anyway, we hope that you and Mary Kay are keeping well. We were sorry to hear of the loss of your furry friend, we have been along that path too many times, and you have our sympathy.

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote