Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2007, 03:20 PM   #1
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
North florida I-75, 1 -10 closures

Anyone travel north or south on I -75 and east west on I-10 needs to check travel advisories as they closing these roads among others due to major brush fires in s. Ga and ne Fl It took us 3 hours to go from exit 437 to exit 434 ( us 90 Lake city yesterday.
They were closing again today. no suggestion except go to Fla. Highwya patrol and other florida road conditions sites on google,/yahoo, or Dogpile. there are a number of sites to get information. the folling is a good to get info on .

http://www.fl511.com/

you can also dial 511 from your cell phone and follow the prompts.
by they way, I75 was closed from Lake city to the ga state line.
Hope this helps. Good Luck

wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:45 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Guess we got outta town just in time.
A week ago, we had a smokey haze as we went from Perry to Tallahassee but it was hardly noticeable.
Lorraine's niece in Clearwater (west central Florida) called on Friday and said that they were closing schools in the Clearwater area.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:14 AM   #3
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Thanks for the link. We're headed down to Ocala on Friday. Looks like we'll need extra time to take the road less traveled. We should be able to take 19 all the way down to 27 and right into Ocala.
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:36 PM   #4
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Well we were down to key west over the last 5 days and the smoke is in key west but not 1/2 way up at fiest key , its the natural drift ,, but on the return today we came across alagator alley and it was open as its been closed and open daily but sharon saw the flames in the tree tops jumping and they closed the alley after we got through alagator alley is I 75 from the west coast of fl to the east coast or Miami so to get to the keys there are not a lot of ways to get there

i see Lisa is coming to fl but only to Ocala there are some nice rv parks around there the ocala ranch is good exit 341 on I 75 but no cable tv we stayed there during the hurricane last year ,, wilma for 5 days
if you go through stark , fl slow down to the speed limit and the koa is good

john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:09 PM   #5
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Guess we got outta town just in time.
A week ago, we had a smokey haze as we went from Perry to Tallahassee but it was hardly noticeable.
Lorraine's niece in Clearwater (west central Florida) called on Friday and said that they were closing schools in the Clearwater area.
Glenn, when will you all be back in fl. Stay safe.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:12 PM   #6
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wifeofdano

Thanks for the link. We're headed down to Ocala on Friday. Looks like we'll need extra time to take the road less traveled. We should be able to take 19 all the way down to 27 and right into Ocala.
Lisa, we will heading back down Friday or Sat to the Ocala area.
we live at Salt Springs Resort ( full time) we are in atlanta right now. We are driving solo right now. Have a safe trip

Old 05-17-2007, 02:44 AM   #7
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
sailer / We stayed at Ocala Ranch last year when we came down, but this year we need to be closer to Ocala. We'll be at Camper Village of America on SR200 & I-75 from Friday until Sunday and then we're just going to wing it from there. No set plans, just have to be home by 5-29-07!

wa4bmg / We are leaving as early as we can in the morning. I know where you live - I used to play in the Ocala National Forest! LOL. Have a safe run home and again, thanks for the info.
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:26 AM   #8
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
On Monday we traveled from Panama City over to Ft. Walton Beach to take our daughter to the airport. The smoke was thick all the way and the smell of smoke was strong. On Tuesday we drove up through Alabama to Columbus, GA and the smoke followed us all the way, not so thick, but very obvious.

Today (Thursday) all is clear here in Northern Georgia as a cold front came through yesterday.

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:38 AM   #9
pound99
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1836
You can check FL disaster for the latest closings.
http://www.floridadisaster.org/eoc/Update/Home.asp

Daryl
pound99 is offline   Reply With Quote