Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
What kind of problems are you having? Are they the kind you'd expect could be repetitive or are they the kind once they're fixed you're pretty much past that problem?

Ours was built on a Friday per the build date, which also happened to be our youngest son's birthday. I was a bit concerned about that initially but at almost five years of fulltime traveling it's proven to be a pretty good rig. We've had little problems and screws come loose on various things but we drag it and bounce it down the road so we expect some of those things. We replaced our axles with the heavier ones. The early 2007's, like ours, came with 6,000 lb axles. The later ones, built starting around December 2006 or so came with 7,000 lb axles. The GVWR went up at the same time. I think that tag on the front street side notes the axle size. If not, email me the gvwr number on that tag and I can tell you which you have. Or you can crawl under and find the tag on the axles.

I don't know how long you've been fulltiming but maybe you've had the same experience as us. When we talk to others about their rigs we find others have just as many problems, some more. And it doesn't seem to be related much to the cost of the rig, either. Even Prevost coaches sometimes have big problems. If yours is truly a lemon, then I'd be inclined to trade it. Otherwise I'd fix it and keep going. It's hard to make that decision without knowing what you're dealing with, though.

Good luck to you. I know problems can be frustrating and can be expensive, which creates additional problems for most of us.

If you have any questions, you can click the envelope icon just above this post and email me if you want. I'd be glad to try to help however I can. Just be aware I'm not an expert.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote