Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
napria
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14116
Some observations on the 3850FL

As I packed and loaded up the 3850 for what I'm considering our first real trip in it a few things have crossed my mind...

I liked the floorplan when I first saw it on Keystone's website. I immediately noticed the door on the opposite side of the coach, which I now think of as the back door. I thought it would be "nice" since our fifthwheel has always sat in the driveway, which is to the left of our house. Loading it up for the first time for a real trip, I can tell you it's better than "nice". It's fantastic not to have to walk around to the other door as I carry load after load of groceries, clothes, etc.!

The shower is too small.

The bed is engineered to push the bottom half of wardrobe in about 6" when both slides are in. Now I know how the bedspread keeps getting pinched in the wardrobe!

I love that when I'm in bed I can look out my window and see my front door. I also love the spaciousness of the rear bedroom and that HUGE picture window.

After reading a question on another thread about whether you can sleep with the bed slide in, I considered it after sliding the slides in. I could, but it would be tight.

Front lounge fifth wheels are a good transition from a bunkhouse to a couples coach, especially when you still need to sleep two mostly grown teens.

I hope to keep this fifthwheel for a long, long time. It's a great floorplan with a beautiful interior.

Just some musings on the eve of our big trip.

napria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
MikenAngie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13784
Ditto - Ditto - Ditto. We LOVE our 3850 to !! Great rig.
MikenAngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:52 AM   #3
dunrovin1955
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13868
The 3850 IS a great floor plan but I think Montana has many great floor plans. Anne, you make some great points. The fact that when the bedroom slides come in and does push the bottom closet drawers in. This gives the extra room.
Very unique design. The shower might be a bit small but I am 5 ft 10 and 265# , there is not much room to dance but it works for me. Brent
dunrovin1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:08 AM   #4
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Enjoy your first "real" trip. Hope it is a great one. I know after ten years in our two Montana's, I still look forward to each trip, short or long.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:23 AM   #5
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
We love our 3850 as we'll. The shower is smaller than our previous 3400 but we have adjusted to it. The rear door is a great asset for us . We have used it extensively. While in Florida, I used it a number of times taking the four legged family members out. We have slept in the bed with the bed in. We fold back the spread about quarter the way on the bed to keep it from catching when closing the slides.Nice to be able to do that if needed. I like the ability to sit at the table, have lunch during breaks or the road with the slides in. The more we stay in the unit the more we find we like.
Enjoy your trip.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote