Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #1
sdgwynn

M.O.C. #8198
Lazy Days

The wife and i are looking at a new Montana at the Lazy Days dealership in Tampa Florida. Have any of you folks had any dealings with this dealership?

sdgwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #2
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
We've bought 3 5th wheels, 1 class C and 2 diesel pushers from Lazy Days. As with all RV dealerships never take the first price and NEVER pay for the unit until ALL repairs are made.
NO exceptions. Do a walk thru and then go to finance to pay.
I never paid until the unit was ready to leave the lot. Just tell them you are buying a finished unit and not one needing minor repairs.
We were there today looking at a new Montana.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:14 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Lazy Days was just given the Montana/Big Sky line and therefore I have had no real experience with them but I have been told their service is well above average with the exception of getting in. If it's an emergency they will get you in and out but if not you may have to wait 6 to 8 weeks for an appointment. Lazy Days is by far the busiest RV dealership in the state of Florida and you don't get that big by not taking care of your clientele.
My next Montana will in all probability be from Lazy Days as I am not all that thrilled with my current dealer Suncoast RVs service department here in Pinellas Park.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:33 AM   #4
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Glen is right, Lazy Days will take emergency repairs right away. Emergency includes refrigerator and a/c in summer. All others take appointmnents in months in advance in the winter.
A motor home magazine had a ad a few years ago for Lazy Days.
It read "Most Rv dealers sell 13 Million dollars of RVs a year. In March of one year Lazy Days sold 90 million dollars worth of RVs."
If you finance you may want to check with their finance dept. regarding rates. They sell so many RVs that they get a better rate than a bank ad in the paper.
They also have breakfast and lunch free to those who are in the market for an RV (see salesman) and free for life for those who buy.
I'm not saying they are the biggest but they just hired 25 new sales people!!
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:06 AM   #5
Craig A
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6228
I have several friends that have bought from LD, and one of them is looking for anywhere else to take his Savoy. He said LD is TERRIBLE on service. When he bought, the installed a regular hitch in his new Chevy instead of the Superglide. This left a lot of extra holes in his bed. All of his other experiences have been terrible.

I've tried them 5 times and everytime their price was about 25% higher than anyone elses. The last time I was there, I asked to see similar units to mine, and he was showing me used, or low profile entry level units. Even after I brought this to his attention, he continued the same stunt. Finally when I told him I would not bring my wife back after his stunts and that I was leaving, the salesman asked me if I wanted to keep the brochures as a souvenir. I will not guy back there again to negotiate a deal, only to compare models....then I'd buy somewhere else.
Craig A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:55 AM   #6
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
You are going to see pro's and con's from anywhere you go. Might be a good idea to check out LD and Suncoast RV in Pinellas Park. See where is the best deal. Good luck on your hunt.
Have a Good Day
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #7
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
We had good luck at tri-am rv in ocala,fl rod speed did a great job for us john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:48 PM   #8
Fire1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8237
Send a message via AIM to Fire1
My family and I have purchased 8 RV's from Lazy Days... Great folks.
If you have a problem ask to see Ralph Simons He is the Sales Manager and he is the gentleman that sold the family our units
Just tell Him Doug and Robin Said to take care of you.
I just bought another unit from them yesterday. 2955RL.
Fire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:06 PM   #9
Jim Jarvis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6781
If I had to wait that long for a service appointment I'd find another place to do business. It would be worth a few more dollars to get prompt service. The likelyhood that you will need service is great so I would think long and hard.
Jim Jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:02 AM   #10
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I'm with John... Tri-Am in Ocala has been a family owned business for over 40 years and take very good care of not only their customers but anyone that has a Montana. They even work on Montana's under warranty that have been bought elsewhere.

Lazy Days is just too big for our liking, although I have never heard anything bad from the several people we know that bought there except for the waiting to get in for service.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #11
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
The generally positive reputation of LD on this Forum is directly opposite to the dealer's reputation among motorhome owners. The general concensus among those who own the same brand of motorhome that we own is that LD is an ok place to go look at different brands and models but a place to be avoided like the plague when looking to buy or (even more emphatically) when looking for service. Sounds like Montys at LD are serviced (albeit after some delay) by folks who do a much better job than do those who service motorhomes.

Bill
Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote