Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2007, 03:45 PM   #1
lcarter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7240
Fresh water drain?

Ok folks, I am new to the website and saw comments recently concerning the location of the fresh water tank. My wife and I just purchased a 2007 Montana 3485 SA. I have crawled under to locate the drain. I don't see one. Any ideas?
lcarter

lcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
lcarter,
Welcome to the forum. You should get most anything answered here. As for your freshwater tank drain, it should be located right below the freshwater tank. We have a 3555RL and our freshwater tank is located right below where the freshwater fill is located. Hope this helps you some.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:29 PM   #3
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Maybe Glen can address this questions, since he has the same rig.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:50 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
YES I can.
Crawl under the left rear corner of that 3485. Right beside the left stabilizer you will see a hose hanging down with a cap on it. That is your low point drain for the freshwater tank. Just remove the cap and it will drain.

Here is a modification I made so as not to have to crawl under..

The photo isn't all that great as it makes the MOD look like a sloppy job but it ain't and it does work great.

With all the changes Montana makes every year it is a wonder they never came up with a better idea than having to crawl under the rig to drain a tank. In the past couple years they moved the hot and cold water drains into the convenience station but never thought of relocating the FW drain.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:21 AM   #5
lcarter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7240
Thanks folks. When our unit was demonstrated to us they only showed us the fresh fill in the convenience center in the basement. It turns out that I have another fill up location on the back left. I crawled under that one and found the drain. Thanks, Glen, I like your modification. lcarter
lcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:51 PM   #6
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
Larry,
Thought I would see you this weekend and show you what I did. McGeorge has the fittings and tubing to make the change to the drain. I brought mine out by the rear stabilizer; on my Mountaineer it's right over the stabilizer. I put a valve on it that is aimed down but you can just move the existing fitting & cap to the end of the line. If you do that you only need an two elbows and piece of tubing, which I have. Let me know if you can't get the parts and I can pickup the stuff and bring it to the state.
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote