Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
And we waited for THIS?----UPDATE

Saturday afternoon, March 28th

We went on to Idaho Falls to Bish's, as planned Thursday afternoon. However, when we left home, we knew we probably wouldn't be bringing our Montana back with us because we still had nearly 3 feet of snow on our property. Even if we plowed the drive that leads to where we park our rig, we would have to have left it winterized and without having a pressure test at the dealership. (Good thing we didn't bring it back, because while we were gone, we had more snow.)

I am happy to tell you that the BISH'S we knew and loved when we bought our Montana is BACK, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Montana from them. Because of the poor economy, Bish's, like many other places, has had layoffs and reorganization problems, and our service order and some warranty issues either didn't get passed along to the right person or disappeared under a pile of papers on someone's desk during the many transitions. While that shouldn't have happened, it did, but Bish's has bent over backwards to make everything right for us. Every time we turned around, someone was introducing himself or herself and apologizing for what happened to us.

When we arrived and told Cindy and Janet that we didn't think we'd be able to take the Montana back with us because of the weather, they were insistent that we leave it with them until it was safe to dewinterize it and bring it home. They did want us to go look at it and check all the things that we could check. I couldn't check the water problem with the kitchen sink, of course, but I could tell instantly that many of the cosmetic and/or annoying problems had been addressed.

Oh--we had our bedsaver with us, still in the box, and in the blink of an eye, Bish's had it installed, gratis. I know it's not difficult to put it on the hitch, but things like that are a struggle for Wayne to do sometimes because of his rheumatoid arthritis, so we really appreciated having that job done for us.

We have another pick-up date set for Good Friday, with the hopes of getting past some of these winter storms that continue to pound southwest Montana before we move our dewinterized rig home. It's a good thing we didn't try to home this weekend, because we are under another winter storm watch. We live above 5,000 feet, and the snowfall prediction for us is 6" - 10" beginning at midnight. Lower elevations are supposed to get 2" - 6".

Bish's still has RV dealerships open in Pocatello and Twin Falls, although the one in Idaho Falls is the supercenter of the three. We did see that two other RV dealerships have closed in Idaho Falls, and the American RV dealer (Cardinals, among other brands), has a big banner announcing "GOING OUT OF BUSINESS." That will leave only Bish's and one other RV dealer open in Idaho Falls.

Carolyn

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Sounds like Momma is happy! That is always a good thing!

Congrats!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:38 PM   #3
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
I don't know whether to be really happy that your Montana is finally ready to go or sad that you can't go with your Montana
When you do get it I hope that it's smooth sailing for you at last.
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
It will be smooth sailing. It WILL be smooth sailing. It will be SMOOTH SAILING.

I'm practicing the art of positive thinking!
Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:35 AM   #5
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Congrats. It may take longer than expected but it sounds like things are coming together well......
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote