Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
Doug and Anita
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3321
Big Sky

I am considering selling my 2005 model 3295RK and buying a 10th
Anniverary Edition Big Sky 340RLQ. I really like the upgrades on the Big Sky Montanas. Are there any negatives? It appears that I can buy one for about $58,000 in Texas. Does that sound about right in todays market? I need advice from someone who is an owner and not a dealer.

Doug and Anita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 07:16 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
We have enjoyed our 340 RLQ for almost a year. The upgrades should make a new one even more desirable. As to price, with fuel like it is, I would think you would have a leveraged position to bargain tough. If not on price, on extras thrown in free like a second AC or JT Stablizers. Use your imagination. Delaying your purchase a couple of months may get them more anxious to sell.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:11 AM   #3
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Doug and Anita

I am considering selling my 2005 model 3295RK and buying a 10th
Anniverary Edition Big Sky 340RLQ. I really like the upgrades on the Big Sky Montanas. Are there any negatives? It appears that I can buy one for about $58,000 in Texas. Does that sound about right in todays market? I need advice from someone who is an owner and not a dealer.
We have had our Big Sky for over a year and have been on the road for close to a month (May 1) and the only negative that we have found is being slightly limited at some camp grounds because of the length and width with the slide outs out. We spent the winter in it and had no problems in the cold (down to -10 F).

Good luck.
Dick
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #4
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We got our 340RLQ in late Oct of 07, we spent 7 months in it and just now got back to the sticks and bricks. We love ours, we had to get on the road before we had time to do a maiden voyage and get any problems fixed but other than a few stumbling blocks most of the goodies worked as advertised. Our Microwave/Convection was replaced and the gas oven needs work too, we also had a bad Black tank and some cosmetic problems. The black tank was finally fixed in Georgia and the rest of the warranty work will be fixed next week at the home dealer. We got the double pane windows and they really helped this winter and make it a lot quieter inside. Even with the few problems we had we still love the rig. The price is close to what we paid but as Stiles said, play hard ball with the dealer and get extras, and the price you want... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:48 PM   #5
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
We love our 2008 Big Sky 340RLQ and would love the 10th Anniversary options. The price you are being quoted is in the ballpark depending on the extras you are getting with it, we paid about that much, but our price also included a generator, 2nd AC, leather recliners, W/D, Mor/Ryde Hitch, Satellite dish and some other things thrown in. I agree, you are in the driver's seat with fuel prices this high, negotiate, negotiate, negotiate.
kwolff7 is offline   Reply With Quote