Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2007, 04:40 PM   #1
glenwynn
Established Member

M.O.C. #4324
warranties

I thought I would list everything that has been replaced or repaired on my 2005 Montana 3650RK

1. New dining room table.
2. Nine windows replaced.
3. Fireplace replaced.
4. Apollo microwave replaced.
5. Three curtains replaced.
6. Propane selector valve replaced.
7. Water heater propane valve replaced twice.
8. Refrigerator cooling unit replaced.
9. Crack in the side wall by the kitchen slide repaired.
10. Gray water tank repaired by me, out of warranty
11. Apollo microwave repaired, out of warranty

Everything except 10 and11 was replaced under warranty. I was wondering if anybody else has had to have any of these things replaced or repaired. It makes the extended warranty look pretty good.
Glen

glenwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:01 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
A Major repair of the main A/C unit and a replacement of the landing gear motor were the only repairs made to my 2003 Big Sky under extended warranty. However, I had some major body work done on both sides due to blowouts under insurance claims.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:16 PM   #3
timothy
Established Member

M.O.C. #6723
You just answered my wife's question. Honey",The montana will be one year old next month should we get the extended warranty"?
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:41 PM   #4
mtnhntr
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6254
Repairs to my 2005 2955RL - one, a 99 cent gasket to fix a hydraulic leak. But I do have the black water flush siphon valve acting up and will have to do something about it.
mtnhntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:35 PM   #5
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I used my extended warranty one time nad it paid for itself on a hot water heater repair. It is well worth the money.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:57 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
My.."things that went wrong in the first year" list is a lot longer than yours. We do have a extended warranty.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:52 AM   #7
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
I have the 7 year extended warranty. If I never use it, I will be happy.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 05:20 AM   #8
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
I have had a few issues all covered by warranty and some past the one year. Some were covered by the manufacture of other things[frig]. The Apollo is a different story. Ours went out[look at other post] and Apollo said to bad, ordered a new one[DW likes the 1/2 time part]. Unpacked and installed it and the new one is bad[quits working but not the breaker] and waiting for parts and service man to come here Friday to repair. We have had great service from Kettelsen's in Hiawatha IA and Keystone. We will see on the Apollo.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:14 AM   #9
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
Well ours is almost 1 1/2 yrs old now and have not had to use the warrenty yet. But I did get the extended warranty with the hopes that I will never have to use it.
Mark
mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:11 AM   #10
carolandjohn

M.O.C. #6691
Speaking of extended warranties, we are having a problem with the extended warranty we bought from Warranty Experts. We've been told that there was a disagreement between them and RV Shield and they didn't pay for our warranty (found this out many months later). Haven't had a claim but am told (verbally only) that Warranty Experts will handle our claims themselves but have not been given anything in writing despite several attempts. Anyone else had this problem? If I can get our $$ back, what is a good company to use to buy another extended warranty? We have a 2007 3400.

Carol and John Pundsack
carolandjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:35 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We also purchased our extended Warranty through Warranty Experts on 11/10/06.Understand that warranty experts is a "insurance agency" that sells many different kinds of insurance same as your local insurance agent that may sell many different kinds of insurance. Our policy is actually a "Rv shield"policy. The contract administrator is "Warrantech" and the finanical obligator is "Butler Financial Solutions, LLC. When you call the 800 number to report a claim you are talking to "Warrantech" Not Warranty Experts. As the post above indicates there was some trouble within the Warranty Experts agency and they now have a unacceptable BBB report. They were OK when we purchased ours.....However if there is any doubt about your policy call the 800 number listed on your policy to report a claim...in my case 1-800-654-3372 and simply ask them if you have a valid policy...They will tell you...Mine is OK.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:47 AM   #12
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
This may be a moot point if you are full-timing or long-timing, however in the interest of providing information, I feel compelled to contribute. I researched Warranty Experts and a couple of other rvprotection plans available on the internet and had a hard time differentiating between the companies and the plans. In the end, I decided my best route was (believe it or not) to take the advice of my local dealer and go with the firm that they had been dealing with for the past few years. Although the price was a bit higher (it is a nationwide policy not local only) I felt that keeping the purchase local (dealer commissions and all) was in my personal best interest. Bottom line, I trust my dealer therefore I trust my decision. Everyone will not be able to do the same, but since my local dealer does most of my service, except for melt-downs on the road and the projects I elect to do, I decided to keep my business with them. Additional six years of coverage so I am happy.
Bingo

On edit: keeping with the OP thread:
Warraty items addressed:
Third apollo oven,
cabinet repairs from leaky faucet in kitchen,
leaking shower (still pending)
torn day/night shade
electrical outlet in DVD cabinet repaired,
fireplace adjustment knob replaced,
sink covers replaced due to warpage,
lug nuts replaced (rusting), and
shore cable replaced due to pulling apart at plug

Minor issues to me that were all satisfactorily resolved, sans shower leak which is now being addressed. Overall, I consider myself very happy with dealer and Keystone.

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:20 PM   #13
carolandjohn

M.O.C. #6691
I called the claim number several months ago and was told that I did not have a valid warranty which started my "discussions" with Warranty Experts. Will work now on getting my $$ back if possible.
carolandjohn is offline   Reply With Quote