Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2007, 06:03 AM   #21
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I'm sure if any "profit" is beng made, it will only go to pay back the Admin. for the many years they paid for it themselves without ANY help. I was amazed to hear that only a few people donated when the request was first made. We sent our $25 in immediately and I need to do it again. What we have gained from this site is not even measurerable or as the ad says - pricless. Besides the cost of the site, there is also the many hours of volunteer time to be considered.
Happy trails........................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:28 AM   #22
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
Looks to me as though this "kook" has done more to cause us to bring forth our support, both moral and monetary than anything else. For that maybe we should "thank" him/her.

I remember the time when it was discussed whether the forum should offer advertising to support the site, and after input from our members, it was appropriately determined to offer the opportunity for donations rather than to solicit advertising.

Interestingly the "Fraud Bureau Corporation" is nothing more than a for-profit corporation in Ontario which is supported by advertising. They do not seem to "investigate" anything, just accept "complaints" from whomever sends them. Then the owners of the site determine whether to list the complaints. Wonder what he/she thinks of that? Anyway, 'nuf said about the kook, lets keep the forum going as it has done for years.

Well...one more thing even though I said " 'nuf said". My suggestion would be to completely ignore such comments...to the point of NONE of us submitting a single reply to the comment.

Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:35 AM   #23
Eagle Man
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7430
I'm a member of a number of forums that accept paid advertisers. The advertising is accomplished by simply putting little 'signs' around the site, this not only covers costs, but provides a little profit. Why don't we do that?
Eagle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:28 AM   #24
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Rich, perhaps we all need to e-mail this "fraud bureau" to let them know we are all aware of MOCs mission and the benefits we derive from the MOC and that any donations we make are NOT obtained fraudulently. Perhaps a few thousand e-mails would off set this one guy's complaint !!
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:47 AM   #25
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by VanMan

Rich, perhaps we all need to e-mail this "fraud bureau" to let them know we are all aware of MOCs mission and the benefits we derive from the MOC and that any donations we make are NOT obtained fraudulently. Perhaps a few thousand e-mails would off set this one guy's complaint !!
I am curious as to what this individual's agenda is. I received a message from him, and in fact emailed him back with questions. No response. IIRC he made like 5 posts.

I did visit the fraud bureau site, and saw a feedback link. I see no need to e-mail them though. Let them spend their time and money if they will jump on something without any proof. I bet they get thousands of such complaints a month.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:23 AM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
It appears to be a site where one can lodge a complaint but all they do is record it and allow others to search. It seems a lot like the rv review sites.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:02 AM   #27
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Less said about this issue the better off we are. This site is the best and we should continue to do what we've been doing.
just148
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:20 AM   #28
captbanjo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1269
Some people are self-appointed 'saviors'. In the world of the internet, a few are bound to slip in and try to disrupt things. I made a small donation a couple of years back. I've had more advice and help generated from people here than I could ever repay.
captbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:56 AM   #29
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
I got one of those letters and forwarded it to Lady RV. Is that the right place?

This guy sounds like a nut to me!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote