Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2019, 07:43 PM   #21
Our3231CK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20364
I have a 2017 3820FK and the center slide on the door side stopped working tonight. It appears that it comes to a hard stop after only going out 15inches, looking under the slide the hydraulic arm appears to have fallen. On the opposite side the arm appear to be 4 inches higher, Tomorrow morning I am going to remove the under seal panels to get to the arm to see if the bolts have either broken or come off. Has anyone else had a problem with this issue? Appreciate quick replies as I'm boon-docking off road. Anyone have photos or diagrams of how it should be bolted together i'd really like to see them

Our3231CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:17 PM   #22
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Being on the MOC for years ... I think Dale has been on here for years as well. We've conversed many years ago about shear bolts for the balance shaft on the bigger hydraulic slides. He has good advice on the selector valves, but I never figured out other than $$$ why Keystone makes you go out side and turn shut-off valves. I did this mod back in 2007 on my 2980 and transferred it to my 3150 when we traded. The Parker valve numbers are obsolete, but you can source replacements in today's market. They are really just blocking valves with free reverse flow. All I do is flip a switch to stop slide movement.

Read the 19th reply
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...=slide,control
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:32 AM   #23
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMF View Post
Gang, make no mistake! WE ARE NOT GOING OUT OF OUR WAY!! The warranty for the slide room mechanisms and the devices that operate them for hydraulic systems is five (5) YEARS from the date the coach is manufactured. If it is an electric ball/screw type actuator, it is three (3) years.

Most of you who have 2003's, the original pump that is in your coach is a Haldex single rotational pump. That means that on top of the pump itself is a directional valve. It is a large aluminum block with a coil-valve at each end. One points toward you when you open the access door and the other is on the opposite end away from you in the back. Each coil has two wires hooked to it. The purpose for the directional valve is to shift a spool back and forth inside to open and close ports to send the pressurized oil to the ends of the cylinders that you are requesting. Such as extend or retract the rooms. And even in some cases, especially newer coaches, extend and retract the landing gear.

In 2004 and newer coaches, the pump is either a Haldex or Parker bi-rotational. That means the directional valve is eliminated. Much better system because there are less moving parts! If something occures with the original pump in your 2003's, you will get a bi-ro pump in place of the original. Do you know why? That's right! The single rotational with the directional valve on top is obsolete!!

Conversion from si-ro to bi-ro is a piece of cake. If you have a basic understanding of electricity and hydraulics and are mechanically inclined, you may be able to make the swap yourself. I send a lot of pumps with the conversion kits to retail customers such as yourselves.

Besides, who can do a better job of putting the new pump in any better than yourself. If I do send you a new pump, you will also get my business cell number so that as you are making the swap, and get stuck you can call. I answer that cell all hours of the day and night. The only time I won't answer is when I'm in the boy's room, you know what I mean. (he he he)

Hello Dale, long time no see! Hope things are good for you!
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:47 AM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The post by MIMF on page one are many years old his last activity was in 2015.I do believe he has retired and is no longer on the forum.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 12:20 PM   #25
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Good catch Rich ... I didn't even look although I'd not seen MIMF or MIMF2 on here for years. It just goes to show in 15 years, Montanas with hydraulic slides are still relying on the owner to go out and turn some valves and then going back in to operate the slides still active. It works, but after 15+ years, one would think Montanas would have caught up with SOB brands that have separately controlled hyd slides minus the manual manifold.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 03:27 PM   #26
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We knew MIMF very well he was at the MOC national rallies. He taught me all I know about slide adjustments.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:38 AM   #27
Our3231CK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20364
Would anyone know why lock washers or permatex is not used to hold slide cylinder nuts in place? The nuts on ours came loose and one off completely to the center slide hydraulic pumps on one side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AZ 11-26-19 310.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	5117   Click image for larger version

Name:	AZ 11-26-19 309.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	5118  
Our3231CK is offline   Reply With Quote