Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2007, 09:11 AM   #1
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Long-timing and Full-timing

Well, we have figured out one of the big differences between Long-timing and Full-timing. When we were taking six weeks or so to travel to the Rally, we would stay a night or a week at a campground, do our thing (whatever our thing was at that time) then move on. The journey was anxiously awaited and then we would set up again at the next stop. The last day at the rally was the hardest day of this trip. The last day of a journey like this is like vacation mode because on the way home thoughts of all that await us come to the front of our minds. We knew we were going home and had to give Monty an extra cleaning and then unpack everything at home. It is difficult when thinking about a new adventure not to think of the process of repacking of the rig. If we were FTers, we would just go to the next stop, like we do on our LT journeys. We know the answer but just can not go FT yet. It does make me think, though.

boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:51 AM   #2
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Dano's mom & her husband stopped by at our place last weekend on their way home to Florida after being gone from home for a month. They said they were tired and were ready to get home. When they left on Sunday around noon, they could have easily made it home in 4-5 hours. About 9pm the phone rang and they said they were boondocking in Walmart parking lot in Southern GA! Then when they called Monday night, they said they had their doctors appointments today and then they were taking off again on Friday! They are having sooo much fun!
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:57 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are fortunate to have full hookups along side our house so we never have to unpack the camper. We take the perishables out of the fridge and that is it. We are as we speak doing the "camper laundry" We will be out again Oct 19th and by that time the camper will be clean and shinny inside and out.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:53 PM   #4
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
We, like you Carol and Jim, have been gone almost 6 weeks. Tomorrow we go home.
The mail that awaits us makes me shutter. I know the "important" one is school taxes. That's why we have to go home. But all the other stuff. The unloading this, shampooing the carpet (we have 4 animals) cleaning the ref., just plain cleaning to get it ready in a week for our next trip.
The damage done on the front just might have to wait. But one thing that won't wait is replacing the tires. They make me nervous.
Winter is long in Central NY. We want to get out while we can.
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:10 PM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
It is a great life, Jim! I'll be getting that info for you shortly. Cheryl is looking it up...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:25 PM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Jim, you have a PM...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:52 PM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Well, hecky darn, what do you mean "unloading?" What is a stick house and a job? I seem to have forgotten. Don't seem to have any "school taxes." Mail gets forwarded to me when I land somewhere for 4 or more days. Gonna see Niagara Falls tomorrow ... or maybe the next day, whatever. The leaves are starting to turn. Think we will follow them from New York down to North Carolina. Then who knows...

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:15 PM   #8
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Rub it in, Stiles, rub it in!!!!!!!!! There go those daggone pangs of jealousy again!!!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:42 PM   #9
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Parked at my BIL for a month in Tennessee. Mowed his yard today (rider). Should do this every couple of years just to keep reminding me of why we FT.
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote