Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2018, 04:12 PM   #21
bobbrus1
Established Member

M.O.C. #14492
We bought our 2018 3791rd late in the year. The one thing I would do differently if I could find one would be the upgraded legacy edition. I believe this has hardwood sytles and rails for the wood vs the composite. We have seen a lot of trim popping off so it is going in for warranty now that camping season is over. Going from a 2009 with solid oak to this lower quality material is what I would trade up to the legacy for.

Bob

bobbrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:28 PM   #22
msgeologist

M.O.C. #21146
I have not been able to locate the source of the leaks, I believe it has something to do with the new style electric slides. The 2 hydraulic slides have no issues and my dad has a 2017 with the cable style electric slides and has no issues. I do have slide toppers and still have leaks when it rains. Hope to hear from someone that has had similar problem and see what the fix is.
msgeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:55 PM   #23
bobbrus1
Established Member

M.O.C. #14492
The dealer appears to have fixed the leaks on our two upper slides with the Schwintek slides. They did some caulking around the Schwintek rails and also used a heat gun to reshape the little cups on the inside of the camper so they would divert the water back outside. Cross our fingers....we have not seen water from these two slides again.

We still have some water coming in somehere around the dinette slide so now that the camping season is over we are going to drop the camper off with our list of things that need to be fixed under warranty.

Bob
bobbrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 05:18 PM   #24
Coronabob
Established Member

M.O.C. #9515
New Unit

Love to hear about these 3790s. We have one on order, supposed to be in Mid November. Went with the legacy package, didn't opt for full paint or Dual Pane.
Been RVing in Keystone Products for close to 10 years. Yes, some issues, but for the most part they are as good as any others. Our kids have a SOB that the bedroom slide tried to fall out while we on a hunting trip. So happens to all.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:24 PM   #25
Jim Homer
Established Member

M.O.C. #22634
Thumbs up Our 3790

We really enjoy the layout of the 2018 3790. The kitchen with the residential fridge/optional propane is great. The three separate areas are wonderful when you have company.

Storage in the unit are outstanding and certainly would lend itself to full time rving which we are not ready to do.

We have a one piece washer/dryer and find it just amazing for the laundry that has to be done.

We didn't get the generator as we have a separate one that travels in the truck and we don't dry camp much anyway.

Beds in the living room are very comfortable and easy to set up and down.We are truly separated when company is present.

The at the back (slideout) is great for carrying the lighter things as we don't want to overload the back end.

No complaints with the unit, but would check the undercarriage for openings that mice can get into. A small fix but needed.
Jim Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:03 PM   #26
Mont77
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22674
Did you order the countertop extensions when it was being built or after you had it? Thank you.
Mont77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:59 PM   #27
Carriage House with View
Established Member

M.O.C. #18240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchiiii View Post
Hi folks,
We are now seriously considering getting the 2018 or 2019 3791RD unit. For those of you who have one now or in the past what is your opinion and experiences with it? How did the layout work for you. It seems to have very good storage much better then the 3731FL unit. All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Butch & Joanna
Hi Butch and Joanna. we just delivered our 3790RD to Tuscon to Freedom RV for them to sell for us.- we had a lifestyle change mid year and ours in a 2018 used 3 times and everything functions perfectly and still smells new. if interested, since you are in LA, might be a good buy for you guys... and btw, we loved this unit. just had to make change due to health and grandchildren.
Linda and Lonnie
Carriage House with View is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:18 PM   #28
Mont77
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22674
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
I have the 3790 built mid August 2018. I like the option of the RV refer over the residential.

It has tons of accessible storage. The rear sliding tray is great. I can't seem to fill it up! The trailer will be heavy. I'd suggest getting disc brakes. I upgraded after the second trip out.

It has ample headroom. I'm 6'3". I can stand up in both ends of the unit without hitting my head. My oldest son can't. He's 6'9" and has to tilt his head.

The 20th Anniversary kitchen layout is nice with the refer on the front side. The pantry is big, but too deep to organize and not hide things. We ordered the counter top extensions for the island from the similar 31 model. That made a huge difference in counter space.

This weekend, I added the 3rd AC. I moved the original front AC only unit to the kitchen spot and ordered the AC/heat pump model for the ductless system in the bedroom. It works great with two running. It seems to work down to around 32°F. I just did a system check a few minutes ago and it's 32 out and it's heating. We camp a lot in 100+ temps so I figured I'd get the 3rd unit installed sooner than later and see how it works for the cooler fall temps.

The den recliners are usable, but the control buttons are hard to push and get a response.

The factory Jensen stereo is crap. The Jensen only outputs 6W a channel. It's tinny sounding. We tried to watch a movie last trip and it was almost unbearable. I'm in the process of adding a 800W stereo system. Two amps, a 12" sub behind the recliners and four smaller speakers. The amps I installed are 100W per channel.
The counter top extensions did you order them while the camper was being built or order them after you got the camper? I didn't know you could get them. Would love to have them in our camper. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:24 PM   #29
Mont77
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22674
We got our 3791RD in July and love it. We got the legacy package, full body paint, dual pane windows and slide toppers. We have a list of items to be taken care of when we take it back to the dealer in November but nothing major. Just a bunch of small items. Has anyone had any issues with their freezer getting icy? When we go away for the weekend by the next day it is all icy. Not sure why. We love the layout and can't wait to go full time in it next year.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:39 PM   #30
Joe Hollars
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22879
Mont77,
That sounds great. Ours will be delivered the first week of Dec.
We also opted for the full body paint. I wonder, do you have any
photos of your rig with the full body paint?
Joe Hollars
Joe Hollars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 06:57 AM   #31
Mont77
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hollars View Post
Mont77,
That sounds great. Ours will be delivered the first week of Dec.
We also opted for the full body paint. I wonder, do you have any
photos of your rig with the full body paint?
Joe Hollars
Yes. I am trying to figure out how to add the picture to this post. Let me see if I can figure this out. We love the full body paint. Husband really wanted it and I thought it wasn't something we really needed but I am glad that we got it now. I may have figured it out - LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mont.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	2555  
Old 10-25-2018, 07:08 AM   #32
Joe Hollars
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22879
Mont77,
That looks Beautiful. We opted for the Cashmere scheme.
I hope it looks as great as your does!
Joe
Old 10-25-2018, 08:20 AM   #33
Mont77
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hollars View Post
Mont77,
That looks Beautiful. We opted for the Cashmere scheme.
I hope it looks as great as your does!
Joe
I am sure it will be. They only had the two options when we ordered in April. The new colors are very nice. You will have to post a picture once you get it.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:52 AM   #34
Joe Hollars
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22879
Monty77,
We are going to the factory tour on Tuesday, Nov 13th.
We hope to be able to see ours being built. But it may be in the paint
shop by then. Suppose to be delivered the 1st week of Dec.
Excited!
Joe
Old 11-15-2018, 07:56 PM   #35
Joe Hollars
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22879
Follow up on our factory tour. We were impressed with the tour that we did
for the Montana. Unfortunately we could not see our unit (3791RD). Really dosen't matter at this point.
We absolutely Hated the new, vinyl cover furniture. Not what we saw at the dealer and not
what we saw in brochures. The couches and chairs looked to be covered in the same type of
vinyl that our kitchen chairs were covered in in the 50's. We feel that if we are paying for
a "luxury 5th Wheel" that the furniture should not look like retro fit kitchen furniture.
I would be interested in others thoughts on the "New" style furniture.
Looks like if Keystone or our dealer does not replace these 3 items we will cancel our order.
Joe Hollars
Old 11-16-2018, 03:11 AM   #36
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
We ordered everything on our '16.5 but the dual pane windows after seeing so many fail and frost up just outside of the warranty period. It would cost several thousand to replace them when they start frosting.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:58 AM   #37
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Okay for me furniture is 50-30-20 rating. 50 points for comfort. It is is not comfortable it is out. 30 points for construction. It needs to be durable. Then looks. It what they are putting in doesn't work for you , adjust what you are willing to pay to help offset the cost of replacements. You will not be the first one to replace factory installed furniture.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 06:15 AM   #38
Joe Hollars
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22879
jeffba
We have already considered that option.
I just do not like the idea of spending the time and money
and effort replacing something that was not what was shown nor ordered
in the first place.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:42 AM   #39
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Yes I hate the line in the brochure something like they reserve the right to to change the specs without notice. When you ask a regional rep about why something was changed they bring that up.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 01:01 PM   #40
Ed&Robin

M.O.C. #23078
We have 3791 rd montana we love it. Has plenty of storage but still getting use to some of the features on how they work. Other than that we are really glad we bought it.
Ed&Robin is offline   Reply With Quote