Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Destination reached

HI All We left Lynnwood WA. the 29th and landed in Albany, Or. At a RV Park called Knox Butte, small but clean and with aarp or goodsams it was $28.00 a night. Left this morning around 7:30 a.m. and took hwy 38 off I-5 and came out at Reedsport, Or. fairly good road and then stopped in Bandon, to see a high school friend that owns the Station Restaurant, had't seen him since high school that would be 42 years ago. Was great, we will only be 55 miles South of him, he wants to getogether and go fishing,and he knows all the great spots. Anyway we are at Turtle Rock Resort and will start work in a couple of days. The trip was good no problems except my Oil change pan flew out and the DW didn't stop and pick it up. Called about 15 mins later by then we were many miles down I-5 oh well that was the least of it. So if you are in the Gold beach area stop in and say howdy.

randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Let the good times roll!
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:00 AM   #3
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Hi We have been here since, Monday the 30th. The park is pretty nice. Needs some TLC, but thats because the grasses are growing at a accelarated pace.Most of the volunteer workampers have left for the summer jobs in the high country. Four couples are here just now for trainning and more on the way in the next couple of weeks. Today is for me Maintainance of the 15 Hot tubs, Most at the Cabins some at the RV sites. Sounds a little labor intensive, but just a learning curve I'm sure. I will be able to practice on our personal one here at the Managers site. On a differant note, it was rainning on Monday but sunny on Tuesday and last night at around 8:15 the sunset was beautiful, it takes about 3 minutes to walk to the beach. We are tucked in against a hill that is forested and block most the Ocean winds. I know you are saying what about TSunamis, the oceanic weather service lets us know by phone immediatly when one is detected. The staff hase a color code each to go to RV site and Cabins to evacuate people. Then on both side of us are high enough hill to drive or walk up and stay safe. The Owners have be here for 13+ years and have only had to do this twice. Last year when the Japaneese Tsunami hit and here the ocean rose 4inches. So we should be alright, its like lighting you stand a better chance getting in a car accident than being in a Tsunami. Thanks If you are in our area come by and stay and visit.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:20 AM   #4
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
We spent a week in the park and enjoyed it, would like to go back. Who knows maybe we will see you.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Hi helmick yes that would be great to finally meet MOC members. I will be trying to get off and show up at 7 feathers next month to at least meet a few of the members. I spend about 4 hours on the dozer working on the gravel roads filling in pot holes. We are just now getting our summer crew in. So it will be a few weeks before we get all the mowing and trimming done.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Hi all Today on the Oregon Coast it rained most the morning until around 2 p.m. Then lighten up. Started rainning around 6:20 p.m. It is supposed to slack off on Friday and then have a week or so of good weather looking forward to Sunset on Turtle Rock Resort Beach, just a minute and half walk around and under Hwy 101. The park is large and takes 12 couples to help run the Office and Maintainace. We have enough help coming for the Summer Season, but if you are interested, you work 20 hours per couple for your site, sewer, water and Electric also free Direct tv. The Gold Beach area has many things to do, walks on the Beach, sunsets. Fishing, Clams.,Crabing and Many shops along the 101 Hwy. Towns like Coos Bay, Depot Bay, Bandon, Brookings and Crescent City, the gaint Redwoods and many Hiking Trails, ETC. Phone # (541) 247-9203 Watch Workamper news for the Winter crews for volunteers to come up.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #7
pathlestravel
Established Member

M.O.C. #7640
We spent some time there this past summer traveling down the coast and realy enjoyed it, it was so close to the beach you could feel the waves crashing on the beach at night ! I didn't sleep so well thinking about the #$%@ sinamie thing. Wished I had of Known. Have a wonderful summer workcamping, can't think of a more beautiful place to do it .
pathlestravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:02 AM   #8
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Hi pathlestravel We were all told,workampers that is that unless it is local. The one that was local once was 4" high and most people couldn't even tell it was there. We have 6 to 8 hours to evacuate Vacationeers. We are to tell them that facing east thier is a road on the North that goes up to the Cemetary and one on the South side up the hill to the top should be high enough to survive A Tsunami. Also it would have to be at least 24 ft high to come over Hwy 101. It would come up Hunter Creek then flood the Park. The Oceanic Weather People use computers to call all buisnesses even before the Tsunami Siren goes off. You chances to be hit by lightening is far better than to see a Tsunami.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #9
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Lynnwood Washington sounds like a nice place. Good name anyway.
Lynwood
mlh is online now   Reply With Quote