Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2007, 01:35 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Travasak

Earlier I had asked for a report by users of Travasak sleep system. I got one or two responses which indicates to me that not many of you are using Travasak. Well, we got it and have been using it for about two weeks.

I would like to report that it fits our needs better than standard bedding. No more, "You rolled over and pulled the covers off me last night." No more barked knuckles from tucking the sheet and covers into the tight areas. Just zip it up and smooth it out and you are done. Pulling out the sheet for washing is easy enough to do and reinstalling it is easier, by far, than making the bed daily.

we use a bottom fitted sheet of the same color as the travasak and use a quilt and matching pillow shams to finish off the make up.

One of my concerns was whether it would be long enough to fit me since we have to pull the mattress down a couple of inches to keep my feet from hanging over. It is ample and to spare. The weather has been so variable during this time (from snow to the 70's) that we were able to assess the "winter side" and the "summer side". We find both satisfactory.

All in all, a positive recommendation. The best price we found was at RV Upgrades online. http://www.rvupgradestore.com

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
Todger
Established Member

M.O.C. #6782
I agree 100%. We love ours!
Todger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:18 PM   #3
WesWesthaver

M.O.C. #2638
What exactly is a TravaSak? For some reason, this item remains a mystery to me. I've seen it listed in catalogs and online but I still can't figure out exactly what it's suppposed to be or do.

All I know is that making the bed is hard work when you're in cramped quarters. How does it help with this?

WesWesthaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:23 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Wes,

It is basically a queen or king sized sleeping bag, only they don't call it that because folks would confuse it with tent camping concepts. There are two comforters connected with two zippers starting at the bottom middle and zipping around each side to the top. In between these, there is a continuous, i.e., one piece sheet attached to the outer edges of the top and bottom comforters with velcro.

The "made up" Travasak just lays on the top of the bed all zipped and smoothed out, but no tucking required. When we are ready for bed each of us will unzip our side about 2/3 of the way and climb in. You have the option of zipping up to the top if you wish. Zipping and unzipping allows you to control the level of warmth you desire.

The two comforters have different densities of pile so that you have a winter side and a summer side. The summer side has half the density of pile or padding as the winter. Weather changes - flip it over and you are ready to go.

It is hard enough with two of you making up the bed daily, but just one is doubly hard in cramped quarters. Dianna has been injured for the last 4 weeks. I can tell you, from my perspective, the Travasak sleep system has made my life much easier and is worth every penny we invested in it.

On cold nights, the zippered sides and the thicker pile allows heat conservation and does so with lighter covering. I sleep better under those conditions. We have purchased an extra sheet so that when wash time comes, we pull out the sheet and replace it with a clean one and the bed is made. The other one will be washed and put away, but will not delay making the bed waiting to be washed.

I hope this answered most of your questions. If not, ask away.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:53 PM   #5
RCMP03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7063
Just came across this posting and I want to report that we LOVE our Travasaks. We have two in queen size (we use one for guests). We were afraid it would be too small for our King sized bed, but it does not seem to be a problem as we are used to a Queen size bed in our regular home. I love the option of Summer and Winter sides and yes, it is much easier to make the bed!
RCMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote