Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2007, 12:44 PM   #1
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Memories

Thought you might like to check this out. It should bring back memories for many of us. Hope you enjoy it.

http://oldfortyfives.com/TakeMeBackToTheFifties.htm

TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:07 PM   #2
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Oh my Gosh!!! That was GREAT! Thank you soooooo much for posting such wonderful memories. Although I wasn't born until 1957 I still remember most all of it. Thanks again!
Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:13 PM   #3
msmoonsatx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6700
Al and Nita

I apologize up front. I enjoyed the clip but remember most of those things not because I did them. I was born during this time period and remember the hi fi, drive in movies and the shows and movies as a child. Unfortunately, my kids don't know what a 45 or LP is or what it meant to go to a drive in movie. It was safe to go for a scout hike in the woods with my friends and my parents thought nothing about us riding our bikes all over the neighborhood.

I also remember my parents first trailer, a small Shasta (I don't remember the length) and their taking it to the lake during the summer.

Mark
msmoonsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:54 PM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Yeah I remember that. 7 years old in 1950 and 17 years old in 1960. Those truly were my "Good Old Days"
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:15 PM   #5
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Remember it all.. would be nice to go back to those gas prices and the freebie gifts. I think our first set of dishes were the free ones at the gas station..also silverware.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 03:40 PM   #6
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Thanks for posting that Al and Nita!! We had a great time reliving those long ago years when we were just whippersnappers (to quote a grandfather of ours). Pat knows the words to every song (she wants to know how many watched Dick Clark and American Bandstand) and Bill must have had every comic book they showed. It was a good time to be young--guess we were too innocent to understand alot of the politics and world events. But gosh--was it really THAT long ago!!??
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:07 PM   #7
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I'm missing something here??? LOL! I guess it was before my time.... =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:29 AM   #8
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bowie
Pat knows the words to every song (she wants to know how many watched Dick Clark and American Bandstand)
Pat,

Al's sister once danced on American Bandstand back in the 60's.
It was one of my favorite programs!!

Montana Sky,
I knew someone would come back with the "before my time." Glad you can be so young to not remember, but at the same time I'm sorry you didn't get to be a part of that wonderful time! LOL

Nita
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote